Who is going to lose sleep on Oct 24th?

ALERT

I hope people realize that throughout October US Eastern Time is still Daylight Savings time in most places in the time zone. Be aware of this when translating to your local time.

Now that's a dedicated Civ fan! But remember, years from now, your Civ gaming probably won't be putting dinner on the table. (Then again, it might - who knows? :D ) So I'd say don't indulge your game cravings at the expense of your education if you can avoid it.

UC or CS system?

I believe the correct answer to this thread is "duh". ;p

So when is it realesed in sweden/Germany? Is it on the 23rd or the 24th? And at what time?

If it is the same worldwide it will be at 5am GMT on Friday the 24th. Europe often gets its own release times though so there is a good chance it will be 12am GMT on the 24th.

I have the sleep schedule of a vampire (its 4:30 as I'm typing this BTW:crazyeye:) so I probably won't be "losing" any more sleep than usual.

Sometimes being a functional insomniac has it's advantages:p

I've got work and school, but I'm going to try to take a few hours and get some play time in. I wasn't thinking when I scheduled my Fall vacation and foolishly took it while my kids are off for Columbus Day. But I'm planning on working ahead in all my classes to try to and free up a little time to play. I figure a few hours each night should suffice, but the first day I might go nuts on it. A few of my classes do the whole "We only count X out of Y assignments" type of thing so I might just take zeros on them since they'll drop anyways.

I'll be busy day and night of the release and the next week-end, so I'll lose some sleep hours for other reasons. But, I'll try to lose sleep for CivBE from sunday 26th. :D

ALERT

I hope people realize that throughout October US Eastern Time is still Daylight Savings time in most places in the time zone. Be aware of this when translating to your local time.

While the EU switches back in the last Sunday of October (by contrast the US & Canada switch back first Sunday of November), the release date is before the EU date so it won't be as confusing as it would be if it had been scheduled for release a week later.

But also note this is in the direction of switching back, I don't think anyone will mind finding it unlocked an hour earlier than they expected if they forgot to consider daylight saving time.

I'm going on a vacation travel on november 3rd and I'm convincing myself to not take my laptop with me, or else I'll end up wasting the trip :p

Just realized that with my internet connection, the game will take 6-8 hours to download. I bought from GMG, so I'm just hoping I can download it overnight.

As luck would have it, I have a day off on Monday 27th so I will have a long weekend to explore this game and hopefully complete my first game. There's no need for any sleepless nights as I don't play computer games after 6pm, at least none as stimulating as this. Of course, I have been known to lie in bed strategizing. (Oooer missus!)

Not me. I'll have to go to bed early to drive with my girlfriend to meet the folks for the first time!

If it is the same worldwide it will be at 5am GMT on Friday the 24th. Europe often gets its own release times though so there is a good chance it will be 12am GMT on the 24th.

I'm not sure whether it's been clarified if 'worldwide release' refers just to the date or also the time.

Good thing 24th is Friday. I'll start the download before going to work and when I'll be back I think it will be saturday before I'm done.

I am away from home for the weekend, so won't be able to play before Monday. However, I have a full week of vacation to catch up :D It wasn't planned specifically for BE, but my subconscious self surely knows what's best for me... ;)

I just got back from Pre-Ordering BE and I'm very much looking forward to playing. I'm just concerned about how much of a learning curve it will be and how soon should I Twich Cast my game play, LOL.

Top Bottom