Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Science

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I NEVER use ANY of them

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

SirJethro

Paterfamilias
Which advisor do you use least? Unlikely that it is Domestic or Science Advisors since they are important pretty regularly to keeping things running, but any of the others you can technically play without.

Personally, I hardly ever use Military or Cultural. But because I occassionally use Cultural to check my total culture points, Military is least used for me.

I never use the foreign advisor because I do everything through Shift-D. The military advisor is useful to look at because he shows what government the AIs are in, and when you get a spy planted you can see exactly how many sorts of units the AI civ has. I use the trade advisor after getting a tech that reveals a new strategic resource, put the mouse cursor over the icons and find out where they are.

Foreign advisor is used the least by me.

Originally posted by Gastric ReFlux
The military advisor is useful to look at because he shows what government the AIs are in.....

I didn't know that!! Thanks GERD!! Now at least I have one use for that screen. :goodjob:

i was going to say Military advisior is very important

cultural is least important espically as I turn off cultural victory

throw them all out I say!

May get better with 1.29 when (and if) the mil guy gives me better guesstimate of the enemys troop strength

Domestic...

You know when you look at Aeson's 60,000 point game and read "You should build more cities" that the advisor is pretty much useless. :p

Originally posted by Gastric ReFlux
I never use the foreign advisor because I do everything through Shift-D. The military advisor is useful to look at because he shows what government the AIs are in, and when you get a spy planted you can see exactly how many sorts of units the AI civ has. I use the trade advisor after getting a tech that reveals a new strategic resource, put the mouse cursor over the icons and find out where they are.

Foreign advisor is used the least by me.

How do you find out about MPP's, Alliances and ROP's then? Or are you the personification of Warmonger and don't care much for that?:)

Trade advisor? Ctrl-Shift-M is enough for me. Coals even become visible through that.

Cultural advisor is useful for avoiding an unintended cultural victory.

You can't live without domestic adv and the science advisor. They shouldn't even be included in the poll.

I find very limited use for Military Advisor but one of the most important I think is the ability to find out what civs they may have past conflicts with. Even if no cities changed hands you can still find out by looking at who's civs they stole workers from or lost workers to. The more workers = more conflict most likely. Just be careful of that nasty bug though.

I vote for Trade Advisor. Even if you find out what city you should be looking for that coal you'll eventually use Ctrl-Shift-M anyway. And she is that bad that she can't even take a log of how long each luxury trade has been active. She's useless. Off with her head!:ninja::king: :ninja:

How do you find out about MPP's, Alliances and ROP's then? Or are you the personification of Warmonger and don't care much for that?

Just said least-used. I will check for MPPs with the Foreign Advisor.

I used to be a builder. Now I'm a warmonger so I can build.

oh i see...:)

still, I say Foreign Advisor sucks! she's extremely useless (i'm not even using her at all) and that stupid advice: "We should acquire more luxury and resources." duh! I have 5 of each luxury and strategic resource and that's not enough?!

And what's with that permanently long face?! You dare frown at your king! Off with her head! :ninja::king::ninja:

i cant stand it how the domestic advisor constantly tells you the same thing e.g. boston needs a hospital New York needs a aquaduct Liverpool isnt growing and my most annoying one is:
THe people of London are unhappy

No no no. The trade advisor is BY FAR the worst. No matter how many resources and luxuries you have, she always wants more, more, more!!!

Yes, I agree that the trade advisor is the most useless. I cannot think of any use I have had of her.

The only thing I use the domestic advisor for is knowing how much is left of my state of anarchy. Although I usually play religious civs, so even that role is very rare.

But all the advice those ladies have is totally useless. "Asyut isn't growing..." Idiot. Check again, you fool! Feel like losing your head today, eh?
:ninja:

The foreign and military advisors must be the most useful ones. Military because of the government and army data, foreign because he helps me out with the bargaining.

I use the cultural Advisor the least.

Use domestic for approximate happyness during war and income/science rate

Trade- find out what I have and others have/ need

Military- govs of others, number of own different units, enemy units

Foreign- negotiations, mutual protection, tudes of civs toward you

Science- easier to plan research

Ahhh yes, the trade advisor.....as the germans would say, "sie ist eine verueckte Schlampe!"
She seems like she wants the resources more badly than i do....one of these days i wouldn't be suprised to get a message that says "Your government has been overthrown by your Trade Advisor. Your excutuion is planned for tomorrow. Your method of death will be by being dropped into a boiling pool of a newly discovered oil supply. Your body will then by trampled by your mismanaged supply of horses, and then left in the presence of a large stock of uranium so your body will be irradiated for all eternity"
krieky....it would be cool though if you could execute your advisors....mwahaha

Culture I never look at. Military is my most looked at followed by science or domestic. Trade is useless too. Only good thing is to see who has what resource that you are missing.

Originally posted by Kaiser_Berger
Ahhh yes, the trade advisor.....as the germans would say, "sie ist eine verueckte Schlampe!"
She seems like she wants the resources more badly than i do....one of these days i wouldn't be suprised to get a message that says "Your government has been overthrown by your Trade Advisor. Your excutuion is planned for tomorrow. Your method of death will be by being dropped into a boiling pool of a newly discovered oil supply. Your body will then by trampled by your mismanaged supply of horses, and then left in the presence of a large stock of uranium so your body will be irradiated for all eternity"
krieky....it would be cool though if you could execute your advisors....mwahaha
:lol: :goodjob:
Gotta love those dominant women. :eek: ;)

Top Bottom