• YES PLEASE!

Votes: 73 93.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

qec

King
Hi,

There is lots of talk about people wanting a new Expansion / more DLC for civ 5. There is apparently evidence some is in the works, but hasn't been any official news in months. This poll is asking whether you want more DLC or not.

Apparently evidence ? Are you referring to the one time Greg posted on his blog they aren't done with Civ 5 ?
If there's a real expansion that adds new features and fixes the abyssimal diplo and AI, I'll probably give it a chance, but I couldn't care less about DLC.

As Samartian noted, there is no recent activity to conclude anything, their big project turned out to be X-Com and the statement about not being done with the game yet was aimed at patches, the latest multiplayer patch was released very shortly after.
Firaxis has always announced their games way ahead of time, unless your honestly hoping for a 2013 expo, just let the hope die, like pretty much any other part of the game, they will just let you down.

And I think the poll was a bit silly, even haters of the game want an expansion because it might fix the mess.

I agree Derpy. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want an expansion pack released...even if they don't plan on buying it.

A more precise poll name would be: Would you buy a Civ5 expansion?

I agree Derpy. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want an expansion pack released...even if they don't plan on buying it.

A more precise poll name would be: Would you buy a Civ5 expansion?

Yes I would!!!! :goodjob:

The original Star Trek got a third season due to a massive fan letter campaign. Perhaps we should demand an expansion pack en-masse

If they just have an add on with more civs, unbalanced wonders, and a poorly implemented religion system without fixing the AI and diplomacy it could be the Spock's Brain of Civilization games.

I do not care about more civs or any other DLC. I want to have patched game. Oh, my biggest hope is that they let the modders do they job. "They" promised it.

Yeah, my evidence was them saying that they are 'not done with it yet' or whatever they said.

As for the poll being silly? Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seriously though, I just see a lot of posts on the subject matter and figure the more the merrier. I figure someone at Firaxis might read these forums and possibly the more buzz generated here about expansions could inspire them to get it out.

Star Trek TOS didn't really change it's formula after the fans saving it though, it took them 'til the movies and TNG to really produce the Star Trek we know and love today (which is to say, everything until Voyager [cringe]).

Not sure if what the fans want is all that important to them, during all the patches they made thr AI even more aggressive, completely contradictory to the well voiced opinion of fans that it was far too aggresive already.
And the complaints of the AI being terrible at naval combat where fixed by nerfing ships.

If you really want to do a massve fan send in for an expansion, don't just tell them the problems but also exactly what and how you want it.
Clearly letting them figure out solutions to our problems for themselves is a terrible idea.
And as far as them listening to fans for what to add, I find it hard to believe the DLC's where constructed with the fans in mind, just going by their 1 dimensional policy of following the "make new Civ, add couple maps, done" formula.

Top Bottom