Who want's to be a Civillionaire?

The non-available trait combos are:

2. Imperialistic-Industrious

That's Augustus, the other three you listed are the only three.

Which real countries are represented in Civ4 with MORE THAN 1 Civ?

America as America and Native Americans?

Saladin once ruled over Egypt, Sumeria (Syria), and Babylon (Iraq). The Arabs also held Tunisia (Carthage) and part of Spain at one point.

Germany and the Holy Roman Empire.

Mexico had both Aztec and Maya.

Rome and Byzantium?

Q: Which form of city output (gold, beakers, hammers, gpp, espionage) has the biggest variety of multipliers (i.e. +25%, +50%). Multiples of the same multiplier don't count, does that make sense?

Which real countries are represented in Civ4 with MORE THAN 1 Civ?

England (Celtia, England)
France (Celtia, France)
Germany (Germany, HRE)
USA (America, Native America)
Iran (Persia, Sumer)
Mexico (Maya, Aztec, Spain, Portugal)
Italy (Rome, HRE)
Turkey (Ottoman, Byzantine, Mongolia)
Egypt (Egypt, Arabia)
Iraq (Babyonia, Arabia, Persia)
Greece (Greece, Rome, Ottoman, Byzantine)

EDIT Additional comment. This question is very subjective and could produce many more answers for example

Canada (England, France, Native America)
All the South American countries could be said to represented by some mixture of spain,portugal, inca/maya/aztec)
South Africa (England, Germany, Dutch, Zulu)
South Korea (korea, America)
Japan (Japan, america, china)
Many eastern european countries such as poland, hungary and cezch republic could be said to be represented by some mixture of russia, HRE, Germany, Byzantine, ottoman and Mongolia
I am sure many more could be thought of.

Q. What is the largest defensive modifier possible?

Q. What is the largest defensive modifier possible?
Amphibious assault vs. archer (or UU equivalents) in Hill City
Amhip: 50
Hill: 25
City: 125 (walls + castle + wonder)
Archer: 75 (50 hill, 25 city)
Guerilla II: 50
CG III: 75

=400%

Though cultural bonus may trump walls, and make the total 420%

But I probaby did miss something

Q: Which form of city output (gold, beakers, hammers, gpp, espionage) has the biggest variety of multipliers (i.e. +25%, +50%). Multiples of the same multiplier don't count, does that make sense?
Wealth and Beakers tie with 6:

Wealth:
10% (mall/mint)
25% (grocer/market)
50% (bank)
either 65 or 75% (stock market)
100% (wall street)

beak
10% (monasteries)
25% (Uni)
35% (sewon)
50% (acad)
100% (Oxford)

Wealth and Beakers tie with 6:

Wealth:
10% (mall/mint)
25% (grocer/market)
50% (bank)
either 65 or 75% (stock market)
100% (wall street)

beak
10% (monasteries)
25% (Uni)
35% (sewon)
50% (acad)
100% (Oxford)

Those are 5, not 6. Sorry.
I think the question is misleading. If I understand the question correctly, he is not asking for the largest AMOUNT of multipliers, but the largest VARIETY. That might make Hammers win.
- forge 25%
- factory 25%
- power (coal plant 25%, nuclear plant 25%, hydro plant 25%, three gorges dam -- you want to count each 1 time or just "power"? the latter seems to make sense)
- military academy 50% (units)
- heroic epic (100% units) -- or do you want to just say "National Wonders"?
- civics (organized religion: 25% for buildings with relig, police state for units)
- resources (stone, marble, gold, copper, ivory for certain wonders)
- wonders (space elevator, for example)

That's 7.
- Civilization bonuses (e.g. walls if your are protective, temple if religious, etc.)

That's 8.
- Laboratory gives +50% for spaceship parts. Shall we just say "special buildings"?

That would make 9, I guess.

If I win, here's my question:
Question: What are the BEST chances (that is: including circumstances in its favor) for a spearman with up to 4 promotions to beat a tank in combat?

Question: What are the BEST chances (that is: including circumstances in its favor) for a spearman with up to 4 promotions to beat a tank in combat?

Any 4 promotions? If so, using the worldbuilder, I think the luckiest spearman-tank encounter would look like this:

Barbarian tank (28) on a forested hill(!!) vs. spearman (4) on Settler difficulty

Spearman promotions:
- Combat VI (+25% strength)
- Ambush (+25% vs Armor)
- Woodsman III (+50% forest attack AND 2 first strikes)
- Guerilla III (+25% hill attack and 50% retreat)

He'd also get +40% vs. Barbarians (difficulty level dependent)

This gives him 0.9% chance to win and 49.6% to retreat. That makes his survival more likely than death, not bad!

edit: I assumed that the tank was in full health, which wasn't stated in the question but seemed logical :p

Question:

How can you build a city within an existing city's fat cross? (Yes, you can)

If the city is coastal you can then build on another island within the BFC.

Question: What bonus gave a lot of shields (EDIT: 4 to by precise) on swamp tiles in CIVII

Any 4 promotions? If so, using the worldbuilder, I think the luckiest spearman-tank encounter would look like this:

Barbarian tank (28) on a forested hill(!!) vs. spearman (4) on Settler difficulty

Spearman promotions:
- Combat VI (+25% strength)
- Ambush (+25% vs Armor)
- Woodsman III (+50% forest attack AND 2 first strikes)
- Guerilla III (+25% hill attack and 50% retreat)

He'd also get +40% vs. Barbarians (difficulty level dependent)

This gives him 0.9% chance to win and 49.6% to retreat. That makes his survival more likely than death, not bad!

edit: I assumed that the tank was in full health, which wasn't stated in the question but seemed logical :p

Yes, of course at full health! Heheheh ;-)
Sorry, I should have said without recourse to the worldbuilder, i.e. any 4 promotions a unit can achieve without cheating (but with recourse to a great general). I also would have liked it to be vs. a real Civ (not barbarians), but that is very cute of you!

If I understand the question correctly, he is not asking for the largest AMOUNT of multipliers, but the largest VARIETY.
Yes, the largest number of different multipliers is the way I read it (i.e. you count 1 for all the 25, 50, or 100%. At least that is how I read it. And yes I had a typo it should read 5 as the number I listed.

How can you build a city within an existing city's fat cross? (Yes, you can)
Put it on a different landmass.

I only get 26 (21 missionaries/execs/GP, spy, worker, workboat, fast worker, settler). Based on strength 0 units (except ICBM). The only way I can get 28 is if you include scout & explorer (which can be used defensively).

That's what I did; I wouldn't fight with scouts or explorers so I forgot you can use them for defense.

As I'm pretty sure the most Commerce produceable on a tile is 10 (River, Financial, GA, full Town, Printing Press, Free Speech), and with 20 Grasslands or better devoted to Towns, that's 200, plus 4 in your city if you plant it on a Commerce resource next to a river, for a total of 204. If there's an event involved, all bets are off.

Plus Bureaucracy (+50% commerce)

Question: What bonus gave a lot of shields (EDIT: 4 to by precise) on swamp tiles in CIVII

That would be PEAT!

In Civilization I, which civilization built few cities, but with large populations and a strong stable economy?

Amphibious assault vs. archer (or UU equivalents) in Hill City
Amhip: 50
Hill: 25
City: 125 (walls + castle + wonder)
Archer: 75 (50 hill, 25 city)
Guerilla II: 50
CG III: 75

=400%

Though cultural bonus may trump walls, and make the total 420%

But I probaby did miss something

as far as i can tell you missed only the fortify bonus +25%

bah, that is so obvious, especially after double checking numbers (I knew all the bonuses, just not the numbers) and calculating forest vs. city (then realizing I screwed up and Woody III is an attack bonus and starting again). More curious as to whether a legendary city provides +100% or +120% (I think 100, but something says 120 and I can't check).
But isn't that just insane? An archer with a strength of 12.75? Reminds me of mountain cities in Civ II.

bah, that is so obvious, especially after double checking numbers (I knew all the bonuses, just not the numbers) and calculating forest vs. city (then realizing I screwed up and Woody III is an attack bonus and starting again). More curious as to whether a legendary city provides +100% or +120% (I think 100, but something says 120 and I can't check).
But isn't that just insane? An archer with a strength of 12.75? Reminds me of mountain cities in Civ II.

Legendaries produce a Defensive bonus of 100%.
0 to 20 to 40 to 60 to 80 to 100*.

*Walls considered as not built or obsolete.

Egypt? A guess, I don't own a copy of CivI.

Nope...

And you can DL civ i <SNIP>. I was playing today.. couldn't help it, brings back memories! And then again, I can't believe we used to play things like that!

Moderator Action: If you don't own a copy of CivI: BUY IT !!
CFC has a 0 tolerance policy on piracy.

AppleTheMan: Don't do this again.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I'm guessing the Indians.

If I'm right, what two technologies are required to access the two technologies that were the prerequisites to Democracy in CivIII (hint: they're both techs in Civ4)

Top Bottom