"Who wants what" overview

Why should you get HoF/achievements if you "cheat"?

I distinctly remember paying for this game. Why should it be allowed to judge what I want to appear in the HoF? I they're so concerned with propriety, can't they just put an asterisk on the modded result or something?

I distinctly remember paying for this game. Why should it be allowed to judge what I want to appear in the HoF? I they're so concerned with propriety, can't they just put an asterisk on the modded result or something?

It's probably because of Achievables.

so playing a modded game and doing well isn't an achievement? i don't buy that one bit, the use of mods should not restrict us - its fair that in MP games there should be a rule about all players having the same mod combo (civ nights, or hulfgars industrial anyone?) but the current system punishes me for using a mod, which is a feature built into the game. using that feature should not punish me.

Some mods that add simple UI overviews should be in the game anyway because you can already get all of the info WITHOUT using the mod, the mod just puts it all in one place for you. Therefore, it is not game-altering.

Achievements are based on the unaltered status of the game and when you start modding the game, you change the parameters it is based on. There is no way the game can discern whether you are using something that mods a variable that would trivialize the achievement or not, so all achievements are disabled when using any mod, otherwise they might as well just not have achievements at all. If you care about achievements, then earn them un-modded. If you want your mods, then stop caring about the achievements. If you care about hall of fame... I honestly don't know why anyone would care about hall of fame.

You're not 'punished' for using a mod - it is an alternative. You either get to have achievements or get to use a mod. It's like complaining you got 'punished' by not being able to visit Las Vegas because you decided to visit New York instead. Have your cake and eat it too, etc.

Hi everybody and sorry if this has been asked before...

A lot of times (ok, sometimes) I have extra resources that I want to trade and I'd really like to see if any of the AI's actually is willing to trade for it without having to click on...each...AI...one....at...a....time. I recall from BtS that this was available in the Dimplomatic view (I think), but I can't find that anywhere in the new Civ5. Am I blind or am I stuck having to click on each civ to see if anybody wants what I have for trade?

thanks in advance!

There is a screen with it...mght be in the menu with the victory progress and such, but its there...lists the civs and what resources and luxes they have that you dont

Top Bottom