WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

aha didnt see the UK on you :p i know not many hours to now so going to check it later

It's going to be well brutal to start a BNW game without Trade Opportunities. I need that mod. :thumbsup:

Anyway, hope updating the mod catalogue for BNW goes well and without too much hassle. Good work as always!

My current plan is
1) Get the updated DLL source for G&K
CHECK

2) Fix the G&K DLL and associated mods
CvUnit.cpp 443 differences, CvPlayer.cpp 353 differences :cry:

I suspect this is going to follow the old programming rule of "The first 90% of the code takes the initial 90% of the time, while the remaining 10% of the code takes the other 90% of the time!"

It's going to be well brutal to start a BNW game without Trade Opportunities. I need that mod. :thumbsup:

Anyway, hope updating the mod catalogue for BNW goes well and without too much hassle. Good work as always!

CivWillard for BNW is working... not the same but close (and has a few other thinguies).

My current plan is
1) Get the updated DLL source for G&K
2) Fix the G&K DLL and associated mods
3) Test

CustomMods.log
Code:
Pick'N'Mix GandK DLL - Startup (Version 19b - Build Jul 12 2013 16:04:33)
Founding of Carthage on a forest created 25 initial production
CS Gift: Id 29, Trait 1, Personality 1: Friendship=6, Gold=0, Culture=0, Faith=0, Food=0, Unit=0
CS Gift: Id 32, Trait 2, Personality 1: First Friendship=12, Gold=0, Culture=0, Faith=0, Food=8, Unit=0

A promising start!

45 updated mods for G&K for patch 1.0.3.18 (including v19b of the DLL) have just been pushed to my web-site - enjoy!

LOL - you must be climbing the walls by now then :D

BTW the ones that are showing as (GK) does that mean I can't use them for BNW...?

For example your dll one, which contains certain fixes shows...

Various DLL mod components (1.0.3.18)

Compatibility: G&K only, Hot Seat, Affects Saved Games

A lot of the mods were originally written for Vanilla. When G&K came out, some would work for both (eg Trade Ops), but some had to have G&K specific versions (eg City Production Queue Enhancements) so there was a "blank" and a "(GK)" version.

I still don't have BNW (must be stuck in the postal system) so none of these have been tested with BNW - all of these are fixes for the pre-BNW patch to G&K

Just to drag this plan back to the end of the thread and update it

My current plan is
1) DONE - Get the updated DLL source for G&K
2) DONE - Fix the G&K DLL and associated mods
3) DONE - Test
4) DONE - Release all G&K fixed mods - this will probably be the final G&K release of my mods
5) Install BNW and play some games
6) IN PROGRESS - Port DLL code changes to BNW
7) Port associated DLL mods to BNW (if possible/meaningful)
8) Test in BNW
9) Release the BNW DLL mods
10) Port other mods to G&K incrementally (ie as I feel like I want them to play with - Expect Trade Ops and Summaries to be first.)

I want to report that "UI - Religion Spread" is not compatible with BNW. World Religion tab has no content even religions are founded. The map in Map tab is missing colors.

The "UI - Trade Opportunities" (v21) and "Goody Huts - No Maps" works fine with BNW.

Thanks for all the hard work!

A bit of a report of BNW:

The enhanced city banner works fine.

The city state thing that shows who's protecting it breaks the "gift a unit" option. It's still selectable, but all the text is invisible for some reason.

The enhanced notification mod works mostly, except the icon for population growth becomes the city growth (actual city growth works fine). Have not come up to a part where a BNW notification would come up I think, but when I do I'll say if the BNW notifications come up properly or not.

Please don't swamp this thread with reports of what mods do and don't work with BNW when NONE of them have yet been tested/fixed by myself with BNW (see step 7 and 10 in the above plan which is only currently at step 6)

Edit: Especially if the report is only based on what the mod looks like for part of the game (and not from analysing the code), for example, City Banner is actually broken for BNW as it will never display the diplomat icon nor the "cannot be annex" marker.

Love your mods and still playing G&K (Although BNW has been downloaded and unlocked) I'm also playing with one single mod pack by Cyrinno alongside a vast collection of your mods.

(Could have saved money by not rushing and preordering, should have know I'll be waiting for all the mods, happened to me before...

Thanks for all your hard work; I do look forward to what you can do with BNW! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom