Why AI dont produce more military units???

Subotai777

Warlord
I have notice that AI dont produce more military units.Is there a mod that control AI producing military units more???

I think 1 unit on every tile of on the planet is enough for the AI (Deity). So it is done by playing a higher difficulty.

I've never played past King, (or maybe I did once, I forget) but that would be the "carpet of doom" I've heard about caused by AI production modifiers. I've wondering if anyone has considered switching the AI unit production bonus to damage reduction. So instead of a 50% unit cost giving them two units for the price of one they'd take 50% less damage so one unit would have the same hit points as two. AI armies would take twice as long to kill without have to have twice as many units on the field.

I've never played past King, (or maybe I did once, I forget) but that would be the "carpet of doom" I've heard about caused by AI production modifiers. I've wondering if anyone has considered switching the AI unit production bonus to damage reduction. So instead of a 50% unit cost giving them two units for the price of one they'd take 50% less damage so one unit would have the same hit points as two. AI armies would take twice as long to kill without have to have twice as many units on the field.

Resulting in units that would ALWAYS kick your units' arses in one-on-one confrontations? No thanks.

Well if they have more units then you'll never have one on one confrontations at all, resulting in them always outnumbering you. No thanks.

Well if they have more units then you'll never have one on one confrontations at all, resulting in them always outnumbering you. No thanks.

You can deal number with chokepoint and/or use of terrains feature. You can't deal with units who don't want to die...

I refuse to play on Deity for the sole reason that the AI renews its units as fast (or faster) than I can kill them... Even on Immortal it's bad enough if they've got a good production capital. The AI should simply be made smarter (especially in combat); imo that's the only acceptable way to buff it as the bonuses they get are already fairly ridiculous. 'Experts' on these forums tell me that's impossible without a billion dollars or a supercomputer though. Had we listened to these naysayers, we'd never have been out of mudhuts irl.

Even on lower difficulties, the AI sometimes spams units. Turn 90, Japan comes strolling up to Orleans with 2 Catapults, 2 Archers, 4 Swordsmen and 2 Warriors with a Great General backup...on KING!
It just depends on which AI you're facing, how big the AI's need for war is (that is; how much does it like your lands) and how their economy is faring.

Even on lower difficulties, the AI sometimes spams units. Turn 90, Japan comes strolling up to Orleans with 2 Catapults, 2 Archers, 4 Swordsmen and 2 Warriors with a Great General backup...on KING!
It just depends on which AI you're facing, how big the AI's need for war is (that is; how much does it like your lands) and how their economy is faring.

Did he get terracotta?

Top Bottom