Why are my Trade Routes breaking?

Thorburne

Centurion
I've been playing with Rome and I have several cities connected by roads and harbors. For some reason, after so much time, I get a message that the "trade route between XXX city and your capital has been broken". There is no indication as to why (all of the roads still exist, as well as the harbors... and no enemies are blocking the routes). Has anybody else experienced this? Does anyone know what is causing it and how do you fix it? Is it a bug or gameplay glitch or part of the mechanics?

This has happened to me. It seemed to occur when a Barbarian Trireme was moving in and out of my waters. I assumed it blockaded my routes, however every city I had was connected by roads so a naval blockade shouldn't have stopped the route....so I'm really not sure.

Only time I see this is when a barbarian naval vessel get's close to one of my coastal cities.

Happened to me, have no idea why.

I was building railroads over roads when it happened.

My coasts were pretty secured and whenever a barbarian came around, I took care of them quickly. I didn't notice if those happened when barbarians came in, but even still, one of my cities was far out of reach of any barbarians and still lost its trade route via harbor.

I have not seen this thing you describe at all.And I killed my fair share of barb boats.

I have had this too, many times.
And I think it is when you have workers on auto and they remove roads, if they can...
Because the city is still connected to the capitol.

But I may be wrong.

I have had this too, many times.
And I think it is when you have workers on auto and they remove roads, if they can...
Because the city is still connected to the capitol.

But I may be wrong.

I never automated my workers... and the roads all still exist.

I've noticed this as well and have no clue what happened

Happens when you build a harbor in a city that is already connected by roads with the capital. When the trade routes take a different path (check the strategic view) for whatever reason, then it says they are broken, when in reality they are simply redirected.
This also happens when barbs are nearby your harbored cities.

Happens when you build a harbor in a city that is already connected by roads with the capital. When the trade routes take a different path (check the strategic view) for whatever reason, then it says they are broken, when in reality they are simply redirected.
This also happens when barbs are nearby your harbored cities.

Then it is obviously a bug!

Yeah i have experienced this a few times as well. They will just randomly break for a turn. This was inland as well.

Bump,

Thanks for posting. This was happening all the time in my game last night, was driving me nuts, and like you I kept tracing the trade paths; it's obviously some bug.

I think its due to enemy units.

I have seen a neutral unit move over one of my roads that went between my borders and then I got the trade route break message. So I have a feeling that might be causing it.

I've had trade routes continue to work when a neutral unit is stationed on them. An enemy unit or barbarian is more likely the problem.

I've had trade routes continue to work when a neutral unit is stationed on them. An enemy unit or barbarian is more likely the problem.

Has anybody noticed if they are still getting the money for the trade routes? I just got done playing for the night and didn't think to check. I wasn't too worried until I made a big mistake and Gifted a city to England which turned out to be my Economical powerhouse city (doh!). It took me from about +15 (average) to struggling to keep positive on my income. If I did lose the trade routes (and the income from them), I really need to figure out a way to get them back!

This suddenly happened to me. I got several messages in a row, stating that my trade routes have been severed and my populations are LIVID. :eek: I see nothing out of place. I have done nothing different. I cant understand where this would come from. Oh and btw I opted on NOT having Barbarians this play, so it cant be that. :crazyeye: :aargh: Oh also this is Civ V

Top Bottom