Why are there so many wars in the late eras?

GranKrat

Chieftain
So everyone is in the Modern Era or beyond and every tenth turn I get notifications alerting me to the fact that "X declared war on Y."

So is it just my game that wars keep happening in the late game or is it commonplace?

Ideologies.

Also - there is no place for free expansion, border tensions, race for victory, alliances, denouncements...

Exactly as Kraizen. Civ 4 had religion wars, Civ 5 has Ideology wars.

It's common place because all the modifiers build up during the game

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Civ 5 also can have religious wars sometimes..

Not the way Civ IV did. A "religious war" in Civ V is fought with Great Prophets / Inquisitors / Missionaries. In Civ IV, those were fought with troops.

Not the way Civ IV did. A "religious war" in Civ V is fought with Great Prophets / Inquisitors / Missionaries. In Civ IV, those were fought with troops.

I also fight them with troops in Civ 5 when I get tired of the inquisitor dance. You know -- two inquisitors, four cities, dancing back and forth to stave off the enemy prophets and missionaries. Eventually I decide that the proselytizer has to be eliminated by force.

You sure never met Isabella in Civ 4...If you didnt chose her religion you could be 100% sure she'd declare war on you. I miss the World Wars of Civ4

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ideologies can also cause huge unhappiness, if you dont pay attention to your tourism and culture.That's why I sometimes DOW on the civ which ideologies cause me severe unhapiness.

Also after the fall patch, I feel that the AI really take consider to DOW on player if we almost reach certain victory condition.

I once play peaceful science Korea with one city, no border problem, never denounce other civ, always let them get away when their spy stole all my techs.
But when I finish the 3rd part, the whole planet seems to DOW on me. So I have to sell all my building and rush buy the remaining part.

Top Bottom