Why can't you stack units?

bonafide11

Worker
Okay, I posted this point in the "So what are you love? Not loving?" thread and several other people agreed with me, but I want to raise the point again to hopefully catch the attention of Firaxis, or maybe get an explanation or a suggestion of how to cope with the lack of stacks.

Overall, I love Civ Revolution and I think it's a step in the right direction for the Civ franchise. I enjoy playing Civ without necessarily having to devote a week of my life to it. But there's one thing that I think Firaxis should have implemented to help speed up the gameplay, and I am curious why they didn't include them: STACKS.

Why can't you select more than one unit to move at a time? It's such a hassle to move the large stacks around. I don't see why Firaxis didn't allow the player to select multiple units on a particular tile! It makes me dread going to war because I don't want to spend my entire turn shuffling through the large stack of units. It's ridiculous that I have to move each unit individually. Why can't I just scroll through the units on a particular tile and highlight the ones I want, and then move them together as a single stack? It would make war so much less tedious and more fun and speed the game up. Any comments/explanations/suggestions?

Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but it just seems like it would have been so easy to include the ability to stack units, I can honestly not figure out why they didn't include it. Creating armies certainly does not replace the need for stacks either.

Firaxis, are you listening? :confused:

Yeah, they probably will hear it, but it's too late now. Even if they let you only move all units on a tile as a whole, it would be better.

If you want 3 units to go to the same place, you just put them on the same tile and select move all. too bad they didn't do it.

Yeah I figure it's probably too late too but I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that they including it in a patch. I know it's unlikely, but it'd make such a huge difference in speeding up games that I really hope they consider fixing it.

I must admit, I've begun using the rally point, and this helps a little bit, though it's not as good as the ability to stack units would have been.

I agree, not being able to move every unit on the same tile at once is a huge oversight. I'm still enjoying the game, this is just unneccessarily annoying.

I agree, not being able to move every unit on the same tile at once is a huge oversight. I'm still enjoying the game, this is just unneccessarily annoying.

Thanks I'm glad to hear others find this annoying too. I am not trying to take away from the game because I love it and think it's a great addition to the Civ series, and they did a great job transferring it to the console and speeding up the gameplay, but I think this is an improvement in the game that the developers overlooked.

Firaxis,

The UI is the one area where your games consistently suck at. Stupid crap like this pisses me off and turns me off from playing your games. Civ3 was a great game, but its UI had tons and tons of missing *basic* features. Luckily you added a bunch via patches. I appreciate that. Civ4 comes out. ???? Wait, what happened? Did you suddenly forget about the UI you had in Civ3? Geez, do you people even play your own damn games? Its positively idiotic that you don't have a design document specifically for the UI and include in it all of the interface features from not only all of your games, but every game in the genre. Then freakin reference that document when you make a new game! UI really isn't that hard, its almost all been done before, its all out there, just put it in the damn game!

Oh, and all you beta/QA people, if you don't catch this I hope you all get stoned to death by Nintendo DS's.

trav

I like the UI in Civ Rev and I think that it is probabaly near as good as it is going to get on the console for this genre.

Yeah DezNutz, I believe so (I play the 360 version but I think I've heard that it goes for the PS3 too).

Yes, the rally point is L3 click on PS3, it's pretty handy. Call me thick, but what's UI?

Thanks. I don't have experience of any other civ's but this seems to have a pretty decent "UI" it's easy to understand and use, and appears designed very much with console controls in mind.

Yes, the rally point is L3 click on PS3, it's pretty handy. Call me thick, but what's UI?

I'm on the 360 and I was aware of the rally point, but not sure how it works. All it seemed to do was move the unit I had selected to that point on the map. Kind of like an optional "A" button. Am I missing something?

Then when another unit is active, click rally point again and it automatically goes to the same place.

Then when another unit is active, click rally point again and it automatically goes to the same place.

Ok. . So when you click rally point on open ground, it sets the point, then when you click rally point on a unit it sends that unit to that destination?

Top Bottom