Why do camel archers need horse?

Civciv5

Grand Emperor
Isn't it ridiculous that camel archers need horses?
Camels don't need horses to live.
What do you think?

I agree... Siam's/India's elephants don't require horses, why do the camel archers?

It'd be somewhat unfair to create a resource "Camels" catered only to specific Civs (that no other Civ gets to use in terms of unit creation).

Isn't it ridiculous that camel archers need horses?
Camels don't need horses to live.
What do you think?

The evolution requirement to make horseman evolve is that theyre in desert territory.

it is a little silly when you think about it, but necessary for balance. sometimes gameplay trumps realism, and this is one of the times. To make them resource-free, they would probably have to water them down, and I don't think you want that. It's not like horses are that hard to come by.

it is a little silly when you think about it, but necessary for balance. sometimes gameplay trumps realism, and this is one of the times. To make them resource-free, they would probably have to water them down, and I don't think you want that. It's not like horses are that hard to come by.

Fair. But are Camel Archers that much more better than Siam's Elephants?

yes. in skilled hands, mobile ranged units are inherently more dangreous than melee, because they can avoid damage taking much easier. Because they are much easier to keep alive, and also can attack 2x a turn after logistics, they get promotions much faster as well.

I've never been one to dabble deeply into the details of units (strength, movement, defense blah blah blah) But i'm assuming it has something to do with Balancing issues.

I agree... Siam's/India's elephants don't require horses, why do the camel archers?

Because Ivory is already a Luxury / Building resource, so Siam and India's UUs already have (theoretical) access to them as a resource (like Horses for Horsemen, Stables, etc). Camels don't have a luxury quality to them, and virtually no one needs them for anything except for a particular UU. Thus, as has already been stated, it's a gameplay decision to just kinda lump them in with the Horse resource in this case.

Agreed its ridiculous. Camels should require just an access to desert tile.

Arabs selling horses and buying camels from their brothers Bedouins
Seriously...

Camel archer are basicly slow heavy kesihk and keshik do need horses and camels should also need horses otherwise they would have a hugh advantage over the faster and weaker keshik.

I believe it's mostly a balance issue, plus you need SOMETHING to ride, right?

Top Bottom