Why do Missionary's not have the option to establish a mission sometimes

Rickyb10

Chieftain
Have played a few games and suddenly I am not able to establish a mission with the natives. I am not at war with them and not even intruded on their territory. Am I missing something?

Have played a few games and suddenly I am not able to establish a mission with the natives. I am not at war with them and not even intruded on their territory. Am I missing something?
I think I might have found out why but not sure....tell me if this makes sense. I got a Jessuit Missionary in Europe...but as I was taking it to the city I wanted to place the mission in I was able to put my ship in one of the coastal cities of my own. On that break between turns I took the missionary off the ship and used him in the city. When the next turn took it off the plot he was working. Will that make it not capable of establishing a missionary. I save the game and bypassed using the missionary in my own city and now it works?

Have played a few games and suddenly I am not able to establish a mission with the natives.
Are you playing Vanilla?

Or are you playing a mod?
If yes, which one is it?

Because e.g. Vanilla / TAC have different rules for Missionary chances than RaR / WTP.
Also RaR / WTP have additional conditions for being allowed to establish a Mission (e.g. having good diplomatic relations with Natives).

You need to make sure that you assign the unit the profession of misionary when you remove the unit from the town

Top Bottom