Why do some maps display odd dark lines?

I have been working on a new map and ran into a bit of a snag... I got these weird lines across the eastern portion of the terrain that I can't seem to eliminate. (My apologies if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find anything when searching.)

Notice they all terminate once the map hits X=0 on the wraparound.

Another interesting spot:

This one also occurs on the X=0 line.

I don't think it's my graphics card, since I run everything on "high" settings, and I even sent the map to a friend to confirm the bug. Apparently, the lines all emerge from the same X column, or very near it. I have seen this occur on other people's maps, but I can't seem to get rid of it here. I reloaded, tried new WB saves, and even tried to alter the surrounding terrain; all that did was move them around a bit.

Is this just a common graphical bug in very large maps?

I think it has to do with Coast vs. Ocean Gaius. I've noticed in WB it gets a bit screwy sometimes.

Why does it seem to apply out in the middle of the ocean then? :dunno:

I wouldn't mind so much myself but it clutters up the terrain and makes an otherwise nice map unpleasant looking.

The same thing occurs on Kevin's Accurate Earth Map. I think it has to do with the computer rendering graphics on the map; it gets strained close to the 'end' of the map, and it probably starts rendering the graphics at the x=0 (the 'start').

So it sounds like it just happens on large maps then... odd, since I've made some even bigger without problems. Is there any way at all to get rid of it?

Top Bottom