Why do you play Civilization?

Why do you play Civilization?

• Total voters

CivFanaticMan

Warlord
Why do you play?

Is it to win?

Is it to immerse yourself with winning as an added bonus?

Only to immerse yourself and nothing else?

Or do you only play multiplayer?

I made this poll because I wan't to see if Fraxis got it right in Civ5; because Civ5 is about getting enjoyment from winning your game (AI focusing on winning is a big contribution to that).

I never played in CivIV to win, never played multiplayer.

For me, much more interesting to discover new territories, establish my civilization, to make my nation the strongest one in the world, etc. Then I see I reached these purposes, I immediately started a new game.

As result, Civ V is not interesting for me. The previous version of the game gives me much more possibilities in the development, etc.

I play Civ to get the rush that only comes when you start a new game, and are surrounded by undiscovered terrain with no idea as to what lies ahead.

But yeah, it's a game, I'd like to win if I play.

The closest I can come is to say that I play the game to role-play the role of Vazir--to govern and administer a large empire. During the first parts of the game. This is an ideal, however, and IV is so rigorous that large empires can be rare.

In the late game, I play the role of a WWI era Great General Staff, controlling all aspects of strategic development, from the allocation of resources to the operational planning of campaigns.

Once I start building a SS (if domination isn't really convenient), RP stops and it simply becomes marking time until I can view the endgame review.

I do like to win, and do usually, but it is the process whereby that is done, that appeals. Some II scens/mods that I created for myself started the game w/40-50 cities to administer. That is what I enjoy.

I can certainly understand why others might not. Complex challenges.

I play for fun, to relax and as a time waster if there is nothing better to do because the weather is crap - there is no 'immersion" for me.

I play civilization like a frog, I play for a week, then take a bored-rest for a few months then I come back again. Civ usually have infinite replay value, at least until new civs make the older look boring.

I play civ because I got the civ-flu some years back. A friend of mine recommended a new game to me, called civilization. So I downloaded the demo version, it allowed me to play for (20 hours I think), then I bought Civilization III Gold Edition.

I also have Civilization II full version here, original cd, its unopened in fact, my brother gave it to me, randomly.

Ok so for the deeper reason why I play civ. I play civ mostly because i'm evil and like to play around with chickens, I like to toss them around, feed them and hug them, then torture them for a short while and shake them upside down to see if any gold falls out of their pockets.

Top Bottom