Why does AI offer a trade and then reject it?

Sangoma

Chieftain
Occasionally the AI will offer me a trade and then when I try to accept it it says that the offer is not good enough? Why did the AI propose it in the 1st place?

The text is different when AI's attitude downgrades, it actually reads 'the trade is faded......' if you read carefully next time.

it is an auto-renewal prompt for when a previous trade has finished but they dont adjust for their new desires. i dont know if it was intentional or lazy programming but it does provide the opportunity to negotiate. sometimes you can negotiate for more if the previous trade was less than maximum and your relations have improved.

Read what they're saying to you. They're probably saying, "This deal no longer suits our interests" or something like that. They want you to offer more.

Is it a bit deceiving until you read the text as was said. I was tripped up by this initially as well. The developers probably wanted the old trade to still be there for reference, instead of automatically having the AI propose a more advantageous arrangement for them.

Yes, I've had this happen as well. It looked as if an AI offered me a deal and then wouldn't accept it. I then realized that they were saying that the deal had faded, or something to that effect.

Thanks - that is it! These are oild trades up for renegotiation. I must pay more attention!

I've asked this same question before and I guess they have that there to encourage players to talk to the Ai. The ai also could feel that it is getting ripped off by you so it asks for a better deal that will benefit the Ai more.

Top Bottom