Why does this demo hate me!?

WechyPichu

Chieftain
I"m just playing normally on Prince difficulty, when all of a sudden, both the Shoshone and Brazil declare war on me, as well as like 201 city states. I have one ally: A single city state. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME ;n;

Were you warmongering a lot? Did you have a very weak military? Had you been building a lot of Wonders?
A screenshot or two and some more information would be very helpful for us CivFanatics to determine what the issue was.

Were you warmongering a lot? Did you have a very weak military? Had you been building a lot of Wonders?
A screenshot or two and some more information would be very helpful for us CivFanatics to determine what the issue was.

No, I haven't done anything, I have a decently sized millitairy, and I don't understand why this always happens.

I thought we figured out in your previous thread that in demo you start from scratch at t80, so AI has the time advantage.

This demo doesn't hate you specifically. It forces you into buying the actual game, which is what a demo should do. Whether doing that by such sadistic means is right is a topic for another discussion.

I thought we figured out in your previous thread that in demo you start from scratch at t80, so AI has the time advantage.

This demo doesn't hate you specifically. It forces you into buying the actual game, which is what a demo should do. Whether doing that by such sadistic means is right is a topic for another discussion.

But now i'm convinced if I buy the real game this will happen to me ;n;

No, I haven't done anything, I have a decently sized millitairy, and I don't understand why this always happens.

Which diplomatic pointers do you get from each of those two leaders (I mean the bright green/green/red/bright red information you can see by hovering your mouse over the general diplo status you get from each leader.

That and whether they're bright red or not will help telling you what "you haven't done" exactly. Some of those things that anger the AI are quite passive, others are more active.

"Decently sized military" is meaningless in itself. How to you stand in relation to the other AI? (eg: how to you fare compared to the average # of soldiers?).

Which diplomatic pointers do you get from each of those two leaders (I mean the bright green/green/red/bright red information you can see by hovering your mouse over the general diplo status you get from each leader.

That and whether they're bright red or not will help telling you what "you haven't done" exactly.

"Decently sized military" is meaningless in itself. How to you stand in relation to the other AI? (eg: how to you fare compared to the average # of soldiers?).

With both of the leaders I had DoF and defensoive pacts with.

With both of the leaders I had DoF and defensoive pacts with.

I don't mean those. If you open the diplomacy menu and hover your pointer on the status (Friendly, Neutral, Hostile, At war etc.) each leader gives, you, what green and red information do you get? It will tell you the reasons why they like or dislike you, and we can help you understand why they probably declared war.

I guess it's also quite possible there are pre-programmed diplo actions in the demo that triggers a DOW by the AI as a demonstration and not following the real game's logic, but we'll see.

I don't mean those. If you open the diplomacy menu and hover your pointer on the status (Friendly, Neutral, Hostile, At war etc.) each leader gives, you, what green and red information do you get? It will tell you the reasons why they like or dislike you, and we can help you understand why they probably declared war.

I guess it's also quite possible there are pre-programmed diplo actions in the demo that triggers a DOW by the AI as a demonstration and not following the real game's logic, but we'll see.

Yes, DoF is a green modifier, correct?

Yes, DoF is a green modifier, correct?

It will give you one, yes: "We have signed a Declaration of Friendship"
Another will be "We have signed a DoF with the same leaders"

now, what's the rest, especially the red ones (the green ones will just give us an idea of how you stand in general with them).

Btw, you will most certainly get declared war by two AI together in the full game from time to time, but it's not something that happens continuously, unless you play the game in a way to get declared war on.

It will give you one, yes: "We have signed a Declaration of Friendship"
Another will be "We have signed a DoF with the same leaders"

now, what's the rest, especially the red ones (the green ones will just give us an idea of how you stand in general with them).

Btw, you will most certainly get declared war by two AI together in the full game from time to time, but it's not something that happens continuously, unless you play the game in a way to get declared war on.

I had no red ones.

I had no red ones.

Then it's probably a programmed backstabbing/double DoW especially for the demo (and the fact you said it always happens makes me suspect even more it's that). Annoying, but the good news for you is that it doesn't work like this in the full game.

Backstabbing like this happens in the real game too, but it's motivated by something. You don't always see it before or when they declare war (the AI can play devious and hide what it really think of you), but eventually they will show the modifiers and then you know. It's usually about having beat those AI to too many Wonders, or having expanded too much too fast, on own land they consider their own (that can be all of yours!). When two of them come at you it's sometimes because they aren't bold enough to DoW alone, even if they're strong enough.

If the demo was as enjoyable as the full game noone would buy the game.

If the demo was as enjoyable as the full game noone would buy the game.

Exactly, though I'm not sure having a suspected gratuitous/preprogrammed double DOW included in the demo makes such a great incentive to buy the game :D

No, but giving the AI 80 turns to play before the human player can found his capital is enough.

Top Bottom