Why I Hate the French

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaker

Deity
(Well, as if I need a reason) Two straight OCC games have been ended by the French about 50 turns before I could win by culture. Talk about frustrating! First they build the UN and bury the vote, only to bring it out when a World War breaks out, winning by one vote. Then, as I prop up the only remaining opponent to the French, giving them 150gpt so they will not get rolled over by the French army (isn't that an oxymoron?) triggering a domination win, they win by culture. Culture! I was trying to win by culture. This game continues to be my white whale. I'm going to beat the French sometime and I'm going to love it.

That is why I play as the French! So they will not get me pissed during a game. Ooooo they are such a sneaky AI!

As for sealman... We all know who his friend is!:lol:

Really? I play often as custom civ made on the German civ and have had only good relations with the French. Imho France is the only ai civ which behaves decently the most part of the game.

I hate the Persians. With God as my witness.....the Persians have it in for me no matter how many different variables there are to the start of a game....they hate me

Originally posted by Ukas
Really? I play often as custom civ made on the German civ and have had only good relations with the French. Imho France is the only ai civ which behaves decently the most part of the game.

If I don't play as France I play as Persia which means I am not in the same culture group as them. And when I play as Persia the French make sooo much sneak attacks that it is not even funny!

Hmm, maby it is because I am not in their culture group.

Speaker - I once lost a game for 2 turns. Babylon sent their ship just before I built my 10th part of the ship. Well better lose by little than being destroyed huh?
BTW my good friend is Gengis Khan, avering 2.333 wars per game (Yeah that's right, 7 wars declared in 3 monarch games!)
OTOH Joan has always been one of my best friends, at least until she goes to modern ages and tries to have the same haircut as Pierluigi Colina

It would be funny if she had the same eyes :eek: :p

Generally when i play, i usually get on really well with France. They tend to build alot of good wonders though, and i end up invading em cause of it.

The civ i hate the most is probably the Persians, the babylonians come a close second.

My "Special" friends are the aztecs.... I hate having them in my games at all... Monty is in my belief one of the stupidest AI's and REALLY annoying.

The bane of my existence lately has been the Zulu. I have culturally linked locations OFF and random opponents ON and shes been my first neighbor like eight of my last eleven games.

"and shes been my first neighbor "

Either there is something ive been missing... again. Or you meant "he" superslug :p

It sux to have Zulu as neighbour. They always attac you. As an ally they're also crappy, because they can't keep up in the tech-race.

The Babs aren't fun to be playing agains either. Their cites always flip when I try to conquer them.

greece alwys seem to like me, and aztecs and persia are always annoyed with me for the whole game if i refuse there offer of there world map for 4 techs.

Why I hate the french(in civ)

Moderator Action: I know you're new here, but we have a No French Bashing rule (and a no Iraq war threads rule). Please don't continue the French Bashing in any thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Civ:
Every single time I have gone up against the french in war, I've won. The attempt to retalliate, I crush them, take a few cities, then when we sign peace treaties, I always pay a few thousand gold for five cities. I continue to crush the morons in this fashion.

-Otto_Van

Originally posted by lucidity

- It's called being humanitarian. Perhaps the French like to help people rather than bomb them? Just a thought. Oh yeah, and try to keep off politics in the forum.

This is ridiculous, the french government didnt want the war on iraq because they had oil businesses with Saddam Hussein, also the germans and the russians had economic interests with Saddam. The french, russians and germans were just defending their economic interests above humanitarian stuff... they didnt care about the iraqi people, they just wanted saddam in power to keep their oil and weapons businesses at the cost of the suffering of the iraqi people. So dont be naive to call them "humanitarian" when all they cared about was their economic interests.

And now that the coalition won the war, now the french, germans and russians want a piece of the pie even though they did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom