Why is Babylon a Top Tier nation?

just curious

On emperor as babylon i simply left the AI in the dust for science, i could have killed them off (they had rifles, i had xcom), but went for science victory

On immortal can you still peacefully out-tech them? or is warmongering essential once you move up?

On immortal you can out tech later but on Deity you can't that much. Building space parts on Deity is also a lot more difficult because AI builds parts faster and makes more gold ->city state allies -> diplomatic victory sooner.

Babylon's UA is great, they get an early scientist which gives you really great advantage and in late game 50% bonus for GS is epic. Walls and Bowman suits Babylon's play style, IMHO. Go tall with Babylon and you probably win SV while your opponents in Modern Era or something.

just curious

On emperor as babylon i simply left the AI in the dust for science, i could have killed them off (they had rifles, i had xcom), but went for science victory

On immortal can you still peacefully out-tech them? or is warmongering essential once you move up?

Yes even on Deity.

It will vary depending on players but with a civ like Babylon I can out-tech somewhere in medieval era. Renaissance with the other ones usually.

Top Bottom