Why is CIV4 still the best civ game?

Thanks for the advice, i guess now it‘s the best time to try Civ4, as the Complete Edition is on sale at Steam right now.

Definitely give it a try. Though i don‘t know when i will be able to actually play it, due to Reallife, but when i get the chance, i won‘t hesitate asking.

Today i only would like to ask for one or two need-to-have mod recommendations? 🤔 Civ6 for instance is unplayable without mods for me.

Oh and Marathon speed is what i always play, even in Civ5 or 6. :)

Thanks for the advice, i guess now it‘s the best time to try Civ4, as the Complete Edition is on sale at Steam right now.

Definitely give it a try. Though i don‘t know when i will be able to actually play it, due to Reallife, but when i get the chance, i won‘t hesitate asking.

Today i only would like to ask for one or two need-to-have mod recommendations? 🤔 Civ6 for instance is unplayable without mods for me.

Well if you have a real life I'd suggest staying away from Civ4 as it will suck a lot of time out of you :)

Well if you have a real life I'd suggest staying away from Civ4 as it will suck a lot of time out of you :)

Haha :D yeah, but from time to time i have a weekend alone, so that i can play :)

Play the Beyond the Sword (BTS) expansion. Add the BUG Mod to it. BUG does not change play at all but enhances the interface so you can play more easily, which removes several tedious ways to use interface without it. A lot of people also like to use BAT which includes BUG but does make some minor changes in game play. I prefer plain BUG. I also almost always play Marathon.

Civ 4 has squares and not stupid hexes.

Its feels like a war game. Big militaries. Bigger maps. More cities. Does not feel as dumbed down. Easier to learn and manage the resources and city placements. I dont have to play rubics cubes with my units to get the right one to the front line.

The eXploration phase is great fun, especially on ultra massive maps. I want to manage an empire, not a collection of city states.

The AI could be improved, especially the diplomacy.

The following civ games just felt so dumbed down to me. They didnt really add anything to improve the gameplay, unless you wanted a scaled back easy to play version. Reminds me of the remake of Xcom before the Long War mod.

Top Bottom