Why is Humankind so far down?

playshogi

Emperor
I have to scroll all the way down past Civ ONE to find the Humankind forum. It should be at the top because it is the newest Civ game. Everything about it is like Civ except the names of concepts have been changed and there are a few new twists.

We've actually had a long discussion about this internally.
At the end, the reasoning for it's placement is a combination of the following:
- We don't want to have a not-Civ game on top of the Civ games
- We could have put it between Civ5+6, but that breaks the chronological order, AND Civ6 itself is already 5 years old, so that doesn't make too much sense either
- That left the place below the Civ games.

We had a discussion about making Civ - Ideas and Suggestions again its own subforum above Civ6, and squeeze Old World and Humankind in between, but that didn't have much support.

We can re-think it's placement if there is a specific option which has much support from everyone.

I have to scroll all the way down past Civ ONE to find the Humankind forum. It should be at the top because it is the newest Civ game. Everything about it is like Civ except the names of concepts have been changed and there are a few new twists.
In the meantime, if there are any versions of Civ that you don't play, you can collapse that whole section so it's very quick to move past them. For instance, I only play Civ I and II, so all the subforums for the others are collapsed and I barely even notice them. If I want to read something in them, it's easy to expand that section again, and then collapse it when I'm done.

You can also designate individual forums as “Watched Forums” (with or without notifications and alerts enabled—user preference on those) and then (if you like) set your browser bookmark for CFC to Watched Forums (rather than the CFC main page or the main listing of CFC Forums). I can (and regularly do) browse the main forum listing, but having my initial entry be Watched Forums allows me to focus initially on the forums most important to me, without having to wade through the full forum listing.

You can also designate individual forums as “Watched Forums” (with or without notifications and alerts enabled—user preference on those) and then (if you like) set your browser bookmark for CFC to Watched Forums (rather than the CFC main page or the main listing of CFC Forums). I can (and regularly do) browse the main forum listing, but having my initial entry be Watched Forums allows me to focus initially on the forums most important to me, without having to wade through the full forum listing.

Ooh I've never considered this. Super cool!

Top Bottom