Why is many peple so annoyed about the Zulu?

It's good in the ancient ages.

I have to share with you something scary...I saw Shaka in the modern ages! Aaaah! I never see Shaka in the modern ages...:eek:

I did see Shaka in the modern ages!!! And he won the space race besides the fact that he was quicking everybody else on the continent with maaaaaaaaaany MA's and MI's!!!
And i was not Shaka!!! ;)
I was just his favorite ally! :D

In my current game, i just finished him off :) Revenge... :mwaha:

I tend to agree with Dragon, but I have not played above Monarch. I used to be afraid of the Zulu based on stories of their UU and early aggression. I would rather deal with the Iroquois than Zulu, but have had better success with Zulu than Persians.

I have been following the same strategy as Dragon. I develop good trades with them, and keep them in a good mood in the ancient era. Once we are out of ancient, their UU and their civ is not a primary concern.

Oh, the other thing I do is have 2 good defenders in cities bordering Zulu.

Most games I played I have always won, but now I tried something different : I played as Zulu...

I restarted twice , first I was an expansionist on a small island with no neighbours and for as far as I could see from land no other coast-tiles. 2nd try, jungle everywhere , when I finally reached the edge , my warrior had to cross a desert then he met the babylonians who had a nice grassfield with some cows on it, who have met everyone and were about 6 maybe more techs ahead, they were 2 turns away from completing the GL. Meanwhile my cities kept shrinking back to 1 from disease.

The third time I had 2 grassfields and again a lot of jungle, but I decided to stick it out. With Greece, Cartaghe, Rome, France,Spain, Korea, China, India, Vikings & Celts. Those scientific Civs traded a lot but kicked me & some other civs out of their select little group. I stopped playing while researching Mass-production. While Carthage & France war building their first nukes.

I'm continuing to practice on Monarch and befor I change to Emperor , I'll want to see my Zulu dominate the world or leave for Alpha Centauri.

Those Impi's weren't that good , especially because I couldn't upgrade them to pikemen. Upgrading to Musketmen or later worked.

The Zulus are programmed to be aggressive, but if you are nice to them they will be a liitle nicer to you.

When I played them, the big decision was whether to send out scouts or impis. The Zulus expand fast and scouts work better against the huts but impis can do a lot of damage to other civs early in the game.

Top Bottom