Wild Mana for FFH 2

umh, it seems that AI settlers get easily spooked by nearby enemies and refuse to settle. I've seen this in Orbis too, and in the screenshot above probably... I guess it's caused by mana guardians or nearby threats in general?

Hey sephi love the add on mod you've made..
I play lanun race and would like to ask if you could group the amount the pirateship units pillage into a total sum each turn, instead of individual sums appearing on screen?
If a Civ4 mod with this function exists, I gladly merge it in.

[to_xp]Gekko;8356864 said:
this group of dwarves with a settler has been sitting on that hill for a while now, more or less 10 turns I guess? it seems that they wanna found a city but can't make up their mind about it.
Khazad AI maybe isn't allowed to found a city right now because of low treasury. Or they don't like the jungle. I wonder what they are going to do.

rofl...

Picture this...:

Turn 507. I meet Tasunke for the first time. A glance at the scoreboard later...

He's got 11 points.

Still to found his first city! :lol:

:lol: Well the Pristinus Pass is very close so I guess I know the reason.

[to_xp]Gekko;8357010 said:
umh, it seems that AI settlers get easily spooked by nearby enemies and refuse to settle. I've seen this in Orbis too, and in the screenshot above probably... I guess it's caused by mana guardians or nearby threats in general?
Do you have a savegame? AI settler has 4 units as protection, definetly isn't scared.

Khazad AI maybe isn't allowed to found a city right now because of low treasury. Or they don't like the jungle. I wonder what they are going to do.

well some 5 turn or so later they started moving south. not sure what they're up to yet, but I'll find out soon :D

btw, turn 200 and the Khazad still haven't adopted a religion despite me spreading FoL in their cities. I suspect they're not researching RoK because Varn Gosam founded it, or something... weird. Sabathiel likes the FoL I spread to him very much :D

well, the Khazad settled a couple more cities in the following 20 turns or so so I guess that settler got used in the end. it still seems like a waste to have one sitting idle for so long.

I also have another screenshot of the Malakim ( who judging by their one city and their power graph are getting pounded by barbarians ) having a settler sitting idle in their capitol and only city :(

another thing I noticed is that no one seems to want to build the Pact of the Nilhorn, no biggie here, however it seems weird that more than 200 turns into the game the Lanun still haven't built the Heron Throne, which they should definitely go for ;) and maybe they should have some more emphasis towards settling cities on the coast, but no big issue there. having a blast with this version :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8357836 said:
another thing I noticed is that no one seems to want to build the Pact of the Nilhorn, no biggie here, however it seems weird that more than 200 turns into the game the Lanun still haven't built the Heron Throne, which they should definitely go for ;) and maybe they should have some more emphasis towards settling cities on the coast, but no big issue there. having a blast with this version :D

ok, Lanun will value Heron Throne in there Capital a bit more. Next Version also has a AUTOCAST Module included that allows very easy customization of which spells can be autocasted. (thanks to Xienwolf importing true modular into the FFH world).

Pact of the Nilhorn is a Project which I haven't worked on yet. SInce the AI doesn't understand to use HN units smart yet, the project isn't that great anyway.

You managed to get TrueModular working?

That was really Xienwolfs effort. I just merged what he did and got rid of all the FF related things (which felt like half the game :lol:). Do you plan to import it to Orbis or already done?

Damn. I tried to but I was eventually unable to make the game load. I plan to import it to Orbis yes... I think I will use your sources rather than FF, since you made part of the work (even though we do use some FF parts :crazyeye: )

ok, Lanun will value Heron Throne in there Capital a bit more. Next Version also has a AUTOCAST Module included that allows very easy customization of which spells can be autocasted. (thanks to Xienwolf importing true modular into the FFH world).

Pact of the Nilhorn is a Project which I haven't worked on yet. SInce the AI doesn't understand to use HN units smart yet, the project isn't that great anyway.

awesome! unfortunately I ain't no Lanun expert so I can't give very good advice about when and where they should go about building the throne. what I do is build it in a city with lots of water tiles, to maximize the benefits.

I understand why you have Acheron Disabled by default. He absolutely destroys the AI. I used AIAutoplay and foudn that my civ tried to conquer Acheron for 400 years unsuccessfully.

This is my first game of Wildmana, and incidentally only my second of FFH in general. Going well so far as the Ljosalfar, noticed a few things so far:

1. How do I recover the spellbooks from the mana node guardian, if I capture him instead of killing him? There was a juicy tiger guarding a nature node that my hunter was more than happy to bring over to our team, but now he has this alteration spellbook. He can't use it, can't drop it, and no one else (i.e. the mage in the same stack) can take it from him, as with all the other items in the game. Is this a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

[edit: Okay, so if I delete the tiger, the spellbook drops, and I can pick it up and use it. Still seems like it aught to be transferrable though.]

2. There seems to be way too much mana in the game with the boosts from the palaces for the tower of mastery to remain as it is. That's how I won my first game after growing bored with the conquests, switching mana types to build the 4 lesser towers so all I needed was control of 4 nodes and metamagic. Maybe the AI is still hopeless on building it, it just strikes me as too easy, even without the late game Grigori worldspell that gained me about 12 great engineers to build the tower in 1 turn. Maybe make the tower of mastery require all mana types (at least the base 16), and turn it into a project instead of a wonder, so you can't hurry it in any way?

3. Several of the arcane and/or disciple units have a graphic error on the one displayed in the lower left corner, above their stats box. Particularly, the transparency for the glow around their heads shows up as a black box floating around, with the semi transparent glow inside it. Pretty sure I noticed this on someone in the unmodded FFH game too, but thought I'd note it here for completeness.

4. I would like to request a higher priority to civilopedia completeness. There are an awful lot of features with no hints whatsoever as to what they do, or how to use them. I know many of those are from the FFH base, which is Kael's bailiwick. Can someone who's played more than 1.5 games of it help a guy out? :mischief:

That's all for now. I'll weigh in if I notice anything else broken.

I understand why you have Acheron Disabled by default. He absolutely destroys the AI. I used AIAutoplay and foudn that my civ tried to conquer Acheron for 400 years unsuccessfully.

The reason is different and he doesn't "absolutley destroys the AI". In fact, the AI will mostly ignore him.

Hello clearbeard,

good to know you like FFH :)

This is my first game of Wildmana, and incidentally only my second of FFH in general. Going well so far as the Ljosalfar, noticed a few things so far:

1. How do I recover the spellbooks from the mana node guardian, if I capture him instead of killing him?
[edit: Okay, so if I delete the tiger, the spellbook drops, and I can pick it up and use it. Still seems like it aught to be transferrable though.]
Killing him is the only way so far. It's the same with a few types of other equipment like golden hammers gained by the Luchuirp worldspell.

2. There seems to be way too much mana in the game with the boosts from the palaces for the tower of mastery to remain as it is. That's how I won my first game after growing bored with the conquests, switching mana types to build the 4 lesser towers so all I needed was control of 4 nodes and metamagic. Maybe the AI is still hopeless on building it, it just strikes me as too easy, even without the late game Grigori worldspell that gained me about 12 great engineers to build the tower in 1 turn. Maybe make the tower of mastery require all mana types (at least the base 16), and turn it into a project instead of a wonder, so you can't hurry it in any way?
The Tower of Mastery is designed that way (and the Amurites AI leaders know how to build it). My plan was to remove the ability to hurry it since it is indeed a bit stupid to build it in 1 turn.

to 3. and 4. you might want to post them in the FFH forum.

Any chance you can change that about the spellbooks Sephi? I just sent an adept off half way around the map to get to an elemental spell book (to hopefully get scorch) rather than the one I wanted to learn the spells, so I could have that good spell caster to help defend against the Calabim... Damn annoying to find he couldn't take the spellbook! :p

Or is there a particular reason why you have it that way?

I noticed you can take promotions from mana guardians that you can normally not get. like workers and archers with enchanted blade for example.

My Vista system gives five error messages saying the program is unable to create the BUG ini files each time I start the program. Is there a setting in some other ini file that lets me move the BUG ini files to the Documents and Settings folder instead of Program Files?

Top Bottom