Wild Mana for FFH 2

Found the problem, apparently this is not compatible with blue marble! :mad: Thanks for your help, Sephi! :)

i think it only for the jotnar units who become stronger with age, should have no other effects besides this.

I have been playing my first Wild Mana game as the Lizardmen and overtime some of my warriors have picked up promotions such as "Cliff Walker" and "Green warden" these did not come with experince through battle and I have the gain experince through things such as barracks in the city turned off. So I was thiinking that maybe promotions such as these come with the age of the units, since they don't seem to be options to choose when you level up normally.

Can anyone please tell me how to use the new civilizations like the frozen and create the world unit for the fey?

frozen: You need to complete the Liberation Ritual with the Illians
fey hero: You need to be in the eternal court (civic). You can only use the civic if you finish a few rituals like summer court restoration etc.

So, I've been playing Wild Mana and enjoying it a lot for the past few days. It's an excellent, excellent mod! Sure, there is a bunch of information missing; World Wonders that give no indication as to what they do, and so forth. And yeah, there are some skins that seem to constantly flick from their altered skin to what they were originally coded to be. But, that stuff is acceptable, especially when getting to play an awesome fantasy version of my all-time favorite game.

However, I have a game that I've been playing for six or so hours now on a giant ice_age map, playing the Illanis, that freezes at the same point even upon going back to an older save and reloading. The freeze allows you to scroll around the map, save the game, look at your menus and so forth, but the game refuses to progress. The little world icony thing just doesn't go away.

I notice when this freeze happens that I spawn a great person in one of my cities. I think this may somehow be connected to the freeze. Anyway, I'm going to try reloading the game a few turns back and fiddling with what my cities are doing to see if that prevents it from occurring.

Edit Addition:

I reloaded again a turn back, and I changed civics so that I would be in anarchy when the turn changed. It still froze during "Waiting for other Civilization..." even though no great person seemed to appear anywhere.

Highly disappointing.

the skin going back to their previous self thingie is probably just you ticking the "freeze animations" option.

and, you still haven't seen the best feature of Wild Mana: post a save game right before your freezing issue and it will get fixed ASAP! you are using the latest 8.34 version, right?

Yes, latest version. Although, I've started over so many times since then with so many different races that getting that save fixed for person reasons it's a biggie anymore. Although, I suppose it might be helpful for game development to see the frozen save?

I'm interested, by the way, in writing up a detailed log of errors I've experienced, and tweaks to the game which I think would be obvious improvements. I assume there is a use for such a report. Is this where I should post it?

I'm also interested in writing up some ideas for new events, and even a few new leaders, as well as doing the art for these events and leaders. I am an experienced digital painter and assure the game modders that my artwork is on par with what is currently being used (which is mostly stuff I like quite a bit.) I want to know if there is really a 'demand' for that? I'd like to make icons as well. But I don't want to go through the effort just to be told that the mod is done being improved, or that the modders are not interested in my material. And if it is wished, should I post it here, or is there another place which would be more appropriate...?

I guess the best thing would be to open your own thread in the wildmana subforum just like tesb does... bugreports and suggestions are always welcome, as would be your contribution to bring more content to the mod :)

Alright. I will make my own thread when I've put together an organized and comprehensive-ish post.

So, the game I'm currently playing has locked up in the same way the other one did, on the "Waiting for Civilizations" part.

I've uploaded that file here: http://www.2shared.com/file/5nq_V_W7/Lyth_AD-0243_broken_maybe.html

And the original locked game which I complained about is here: http://www.2shared.com/file/BOEBw_N1/Serianna_AD-0157_lone_b.html

If there is a more preferable place for me to upload such things to, please let me know. I'd really appreciate the saves being fixed, and I hope they help to be able to prevent the game from locking like that in the future.

Thanks.

Hello,
does anyone know whether WM 9 is soon to be released?
Im asking this cause it takes an awful lot of time for me to download the entire mod.
And i dont want to download it again in 2 weeks.
Thnx for your answers

Hello,
does anyone know whether WM 9 is soon to be released?
Im asking this cause it takes an awful lot of time for me to download the entire mod.
And i dont want to download it again in 2 weeks.
Thnx for your answers

Any day now, so might be best to hold off on downloading.
Then again, the WM9 release might be so terribly bugged that you'll need to download a patched version the week after, so you might as well get your juicy, stable 8.34 while it's still available!

the beta of 9.0 will come soon, at least sephi wanted to upload it two days ago. keep in mind that this will be a beta so you might want to consider using the old stable version.

all right,
thx for your answers.
but i've downloaded v8 + latest patch already. couldnt wait no longer...
another round i've lost due to my civ addiction i guess. :)
And according to you, it might take a while until the majority of bugs will be fixed in v9 so it will become gold status.
Anyway, here i am now, happy and gaming.

Hello,
anyone knows how to get rid of that annyoing blinking message "press ctrl+alt+o to open bugmod 3.6"?
Its always blinking right in the middle of the screen and i can't find the option to turn it off.

Hello,
anyone knows how to get rid of that annyoing blinking message "press ctrl+alt+o to open bugmod 3.6"?
Its always blinking right in the middle of the screen and i can't find the option to turn it off.

Use the combination to open the options screen of BUG, then go through the tabs to remove the tick at "Display BUG reminder" or so. Think it's the final tab; the name is quite obvious.

Top Bottom