Will you continue playing Civ 4 Vanilla?

What Will You Continue To Play?

• I didn't buy Warlords; I will play only vanilla

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • I will play only Warlords now

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • I will play both Vanilla Civ4 and Warlords

Votes: 24 23.3%

• Total voters

wkndwrrr

Warlord
I don't know whether someone has already created a poll like this, but I am just curious how many people will continue to play the vanilla version of civ 4 after the release of it's expansion pack.

Only for the GotM's until they start doing Warlords games. I think it is marked improvement. Especially now that I figured out the whole Vassal states thing.

I bought Warlords yesterday but did not install it yet because I want to finish a 1000 AD scenario game and I figure that once I start playing Warlords I won't go back to Vanilla Civ 4 - it is just too hard to keep all the differences straight.

Not likely. The only reason I see now to go back is FfH2.

I don't think I could go back after seeing the animation of the great general (bound to berzerkers) urging his men to charge a city :eek:

I will play both, out of simple necessity....I have two computers, and my desktop will only play v 1.52....So Warlords (which requires v. 1.62) will not work on said machine...So I'll play Warlords on my laptop, and v. 1.52 on my desktop....

What's Vanilla? (apart from the obvious ice cream reply)

I have no plans (or extra money) to buy Warlords for awhile, and I may not. I never play scenarios, so that's not a big selling feature to me, and I'm not sure how appealing it will be to have all the by-now familiar leaders' traits mucked up. I'd prefer to wait and read more feedback about it here on the board before making up my mind.

Basically, I like vanilla Civ IV just fine and I'm not one of these people who buys something just because it's shiny and new. There has to be a very compelling reason for the purchase, and I haven't seen one yet.

binhthuy71 said:
I'll play Warlords eventually but years of experience in IT commends that I don't buy any new software until the bugs are revealed and a patch is offered.

I agree. I tend to wait a good while until everything is fixed with patches. I have been burned by bad expansions too much in the past.:mad:

Today I'm a bit busy, so I'm just doing some things on my private mod. Maybe I'll buy warloards when I've got more time and money.

Well, thanks. It appears that very few people will continue playing Civ 4 vanilla once they finish their current games. Shame, really, as I got this game just a month or so ago and already the majority of the community is moving on. It looks like that when I finally get good enough to go online I will only encounter a few other cheap or penniless diehards :p I at least hope that people will continue to post advice and stuff for the vanilla version. (It seems likely, considering how active the civ 3 forums are still even after it would be considered nearing obsolescence)

Use "plain" or "unexpanded" or something other than vanilla. Vanilla is a delicious, delicate and delectiible, very not "bland" or "plain" or similar flavor!

I said Warlords AND Vanilla, but largely because I am still play-testing a Vanilla Mod for someone. Once I am finished doing that, then I will probably switch to Warlords for the most part and only play Vanilla with this mod in place (once its finished).

Aussie_Lurker.

I don't have, and probably won't get warlords till it shows up in the bargin bin at walmart, there just doesn't seem to be enough in it to warrent the $30, especially since the next expansion pack will have that stuff plus more.

I had hopes that they would actually do something of actual worth (sorry, after reading solver's review on apolyton the vassal states just doesn't cut it and the AI has just barely been touched it seems like) besides sceneros, which I only play once and forget and that didn't happen.

Top Bottom