Windows 10 Game Stuttering With FPS Drops After Major Updates

AnakoAlbert

Chieftain
The moment I search online for gaming stuttering with fps drops, in the top of the search result, there popped up a forum discussion on GeForce site:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/.

And for us gamers, you must have also known that on Reddit website

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... _the_poor/,

this gaming stuttering problem also evoked heated discussion.

On these two website, considerable NVIDIA users are talking about this games stuttering and low fps problem, oh my god, I cannot believe it, this discussion cannot be hotter. You can see what I mean from the 200+ pages on NVIDIA site regarding this stuttering games discussion. It is too hard to read all the pages.

But to enjoy games smoothly, I tried all the ways on that post article.
My friends, may these solutions can help you. If you are anxious to fix it, try them one by one, my problem seems to disappear for some time because of them, though come back to me soon.

1. Update all NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA official site.

2. Enable Vsync.
To achieve that, go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Global Settings > Vertical sync > On.

3. Change the Power Management Mode to Prefer maximum performance.
Follow the path: NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Select a program to customize > Power management mode > Prefer maximum performance.

4. Change the processor to NVIDIA GPU rather than CPU in NVIDIA Control Panel > Configure Surround PhysX.

5. Disable Gaming options. Such as Game bar, Game DVR, Xbox Networking.
The Gaming, the new tab since the Creators Update. In Settings > Gaming > Gaming mode, Xbox, turn off these options.

6. Reinstall my games. I have uninstalled my World of War and Crossfire and downloaded them again to my PC.

7. Change settings in games, for example, in Battlefield, I used the lowest settings, but it still cried and the fps remained low( even at the 10’s)

8. Disabled Full screen optimization in Task Manager > .exe file > Properties > Compatibility > Disable Fullscreen optimization. The Rocket League on my PC worked well for a while after this action.

9. Disabled Diagtrack service.

10. Uninstall my antivirus software such as Avast in Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Uninstall.

11. Use Windows update. Check for updates in Settings > Update & Security > Windows update > Check for updates.

12. Disable Intel Turbo Boost.

13. Run SFC on my computer. I have opened the command prompt and entered sfc/scannow command in it. It told me there were some incorrect system files on my PC, and it fixed them for me. But to no avail, my fps still dropped and my games kept weeping.

14. Do a clean boot for my MSI. Go to System Configuration > General > Selective startup. And then choose to uncheck Load startup items. And then in Services, try to disable all the Microsoft services. Finally in Task Manager, disabled all the startup programs, too.

15. Reduce the PC resolution. Go with the path: Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout > Resolution. In this way, the HDR signal after the Creators update would stay away troubling you.

16. Change from creators update 1708 to 1603, but useless.

Guys, these are all the solutions I have ever tried, it helps me for some time, but not completely. Maybe different for your case, hope they can better serve you.

After about several days, accidentally, I came across a site on gaming stuttering and fps drops significantly after Windows Creators Update.

https://windows10skill.com/fix-games-st ... rs-update/

From this link, I gradually knew why we happened to crawling games and at the same time, fps keeps low after the creator's update.
In this post, it included several features about this update they are:

1. Creators update reset NVIDIA control panel settings.

2. It offered gaming options for us.

3. Fullscreen optimization born after the Windows Creators update.

Though at the very beginning, we have enjoyed games, as time goes by, our games started stuttering with fps drops.

In this thread, it showed that many people thought it was the NVIDIA and Microsoft site were to blame, in this case, these two sites have done their best to fix this gaming for us, you can also see the official notice by Microsoft from this link.

In view of this game problem, you can see from the link above that there are many other solutions you can try, such as setting priority for games, update to the right graphics driver and change CPU settings.

For my case, I have resolved my low fps and stuttering games successfully by using the methods suggested on this link and tried it one by one. God bless you, too.

Top Bottom