Winterwar scenario

makke

Warlord
Okey since I found out that someone else is doing Operation Barbarossa scenario already I thought that I shouldn't bother making another scenario from the same subject(since im not that good scenario maker and mine would suck compared to another one :lol:) I chose to make scenario about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

Winter war 1939-1940 USSR vs. Finland

Nations included:

USSR: big army, but not that well organized and dosen't have that strong units

Finland
: quite small army, but well organized and good defensive units, jaegers for example and mannerheim line is in it's place in scenario http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerheim_Line

Sweden: Neutral, quite big army. Pleased with Finland, but dosen't want to declare war on USSR.

Norway
: Neutral, quite small army. Pleased with Finland, but dosen't want to declare war on USSR.

Denmark
: Neutral, small army. Pleased with Finland, but dosen't want to declare war on USSR.

Map:

Map is Large sized. And I will try to put as much details to it as possible. It's now maybe 50% done. All cities are allready on their place, but i must add resources and make it little bit better looking. After that I will add starting units.

The game will start with USSR's turn and USSR will be in war against Finland. And USSR will have some units near border ready to attack Finland.

All help and idea's are welcomed. :)

I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish the scenario

Just curious...

What is the ultimate victory objective for Finland ?

Take Leningrad ? or Leningrad, Murmansk and Arghangelsk, etc ?

I'm just asking cause if you lack to plan...you plan to fail...so says a C&C game but they were right.

This is the problem here I don't know how to set python or xml winning conditions :S I would like to set it way that Finland should be able to hold certain cities from November 1939 to March 1940. I would also like to change time to days, so it would be 120turns. USSR's winning condition would be to conquer whole Finland. And i would like to be able to put other countries (Sweden, Denmark and Norway) unplayable. If someone knows how to do this please help me =) Also I have some event plans put as I said i cant code :

I don't know if days would work - I tried this callendar once and it didn't worked. I'll check again .xml - maybe i would be able to setup it somwhere.

Number of turns, change of callendar (weeks are the smallest amount of time i suppose), playability could be setup in notepad-like software (the best friend of scenario creator after worldbuilder and mapeditor).

I think victory for finland should be just stopping Soviet Union for certain amount time - than game would end with peace treaty and victory of Finland. Additional points should be conquering objective cities like Murmansk, Leningrad, Archangelsk, etc..

I haven't actually tried it yet, but in game terms a turn is just a number. It's only in the interface that it maps the Calendar into dates. If so then it would just be a small mod to CvInterface or something..

What else do you want from python?

> And i would like to be able to put other countries (Sweden, Denmark and Norway) unplayable.

In the wbs BeginPlayer sections there would be "PlayableCiv=0" for those civs.

is this still under development?
or are you waiting for the next version of asio³´s mod?
would like to try this scenario ...

Finland could aim to hold out until Germany enters the war (June 1941 at the latest). The more victories the Finns have over the Russians, the quicker Germany enters the war (and vice versa).

Im waiting for next version of the mod. And also i hadn't had much time to do this scenario. Im not sure if i even can complete it :( Since i would need python and i cant code. Sorry. I'll keep you informed

Winning conditions. I would like to set it way that Finland's winning condition is to hold certain cities from November 1939 to March 1940. Then the scenario would end in Peace-treaty and that way Finland's victory. USSR's winning condition however would be to conquer Whole Finland. Also I would like to add some events. Timeline for this mod would actually be from start of the November to mid March. And the event(The shelling of Mainila. 26th of November) would launch the assault of the soviets.

Edit: Also other events would be: 1) volunteers from different countries arriving, like in that old spain 1936 scenario-mod) 2) Possibilty to buy planes, ships, anti-air ect from "market" meaning Italy, Sweden, UK. 3) News from the world to increase atmosphere of the mod. 4) Major soviet operations, spawning units 5) News about UK's and allies possibility to join the war in Finland's side (really late on timeline) --> USSR needs ether victory or peace-treaty soon

And for last if events like this could be done, I would not need other countries. So the countries in this mod would only be USSR and Finland. That would also speed up the scenario.

Now...I'm working almost full time in lab but I have alot of free time there.

And I have a used laptop ordered in that should help me have the develop. environment to fix up this mod.

I will try to find a way to add Python to a specific map and then I could probably could help you.

But I need a fixed map (permanent map) for your mod. A map in which you won't change (at least) the location of cities.

I will try my best from there.

Please don't let this MOD die out...It's the closest to an actually playable mod of WW2

Okey. I'm not sure how fast I can come up with the permanent map, since I have really busy time IRL. Not much time to use for hobbies. I will probably need to create new map for this mod, since the old one has Sweden,Denmark and Norway included. And it's maybe little bit too big for this scenario.

Top Bottom