WoC Lite(made for merging)

@Eusebius

Uh what file did you download? Is that in the WoC Lite? There should be only one civics screen in the file. Please doublecheck what you downloaded. If it is an error if the file I need to know.

Yes Afforess is right on the civics screen. There are better that use the multiline text sections.

@EmperorFool

Thanks for the work on the python. I am ignorant to what the stack trace would effect. I mean for example would it hurt for events to have the stack trace?

@Eusebius

Uh what file did you download? Is that in the WoC Lite? There should be only one civics screen in the file. Please doublecheck what you downloaded. If it is an error if the file I need to know.

Grabbed the one from http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12149. The idea seems to be that there is no file named customfunctions.py.

As long as I am asking questions, can you point me toward a tutorial for the modular loading in WoC lite? I think I've got the basic idea, but I think there is deeper functionality there than I am getting by looking at examples.

Thanks for your work on this!

Grabbed the one from http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12149. The idea seems to be that there is no file named customfunctions.py.

As long as I am asking questions, can you point me toward a tutorial for the modular loading in WoC lite? I think I've got the basic idea, but I think there is deeper functionality there than I am getting by looking at examples.

Thanks for your work on this!

I screwed up the python. I did not know till now. Anyway there is just one civics screen in it now.

As for tutorials there is a WoC wiki for the WoC Full, but that may or may not help.

http://woc.dreamhosters.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Tutorials

Now to make it short. First of all the res/fonts folder have two MLF xml files to control the amount of religions and corporation loaded on the gamefont files. This sets the size of the fonts. You should not need to change them. There is a tag to match the number of the icons there in for religions and corporations.

Other than that. Well you can use mlf xml files to load in what order you want the folders to load.

In each folder you must include the schema for the file you want to load. You do not need to have the complete xml file just the sections of things that have changed(although this does not work with everything).

Audio xml files can not be modular. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

You do not need any of the python include with the WoC Lite. You can delete it if you want and start fresh. What is there should just be for autoplay, and the screen changes.

If you are confused about something just ask. I or someone will be able to answer fairly quick I think.

Thanks for letting me know about the civics screen.

I am ignorant to what the stack trace would effect. I mean for example would it hurt for events to have the stack trace?

A stack trace is only seen when reading the PythonErr.log file, so it's purely a visual issue. The long file names in the stack trace just make it harder to read. Even maximizing the window to full screen on my setup it wraps, but I use a larger font than most people.

The stack trace would be easier to find the error though right? I mean it would display exactly where it is if someone would place them in their modules folder? Just having both views I think could help I mean.

I would just prefer that the path leading up to the Modules folder were omitted, that's all. Maybe I can actually remove that with a callback; I'll check it out.

Of course that would be better. Sorry I thought you were meaning to remove the entire path.:hammer2:

I think I get the process for adding things in WoC Lite. But let me ask about modifying and deleting things...

One change I will want for my religion mod is to have monuments (and obelisks) generate one toward production of a great prophet. Do I reproduce the whole monument (and obelisk) BuildingInfo with the change, or is there a simpler way?

There are also units and buildings I will want to get rid of. For example, Jews don't have missionaries. In Warlords, I would delete them from the units file; but that isn't very modular. I could also just insure that no one can build them from Python, but that may be confusing to players. Is there any way to use the modular XML to say that they are not allowed in the game?

Thanks,
Eusebius

PS. Thanks for the correction on the civics file!

I think I get the process for adding things in WoC Lite. But let me ask about modifying and deleting things...

One change I will want for my religion mod is to have monuments (and obelisks) generate one toward production of a great prophet. Do I reproduce the whole monument (and obelisk) BuildingInfo with the change, or is there a simpler way?

There are also units and buildings I will want to get rid of. For example, Jews don't have missionaries. In Warlords, I would delete them from the units file; but that isn't very modular. I could also just insure that no one can build them from Python, but that may be confusing to players. Is there any way to use the modular XML to say that they are not allowed in the game?

Thanks,
Eusebius

PS. Thanks for the correction on the civics file!

Adding great prophet points to buildings should be able to be done modular. So you would need the Civ4buildinginfos.xml and the Civ4buildingsschema.xml in a folder. You should be able to have the type and add whatever changes you want in the Civ4buildingsinfos.xml

But the missionaries can not be removed modular. That is one big fault of the WoC stuff. You can not remove something from it. It would be easier to just remove in the main xml folder.

Adding great prophet points to buildings should be able to be done modular. So you would need the Civ4buildinginfos.xml and the Civ4buildingsschema.xml in a folder. You should be able to have the type and add whatever changes you want in the Civ4buildingsinfos.xml

But the missionaries can not be removed modular. That is one big fault of the WoC stuff. You can not remove something from it. It would be easier to just remove in the main xml folder.

For buildings and units, you could get around this by modularly setting their production cost to -1.

I'm trying to merge WoC with Fictionalization IV, and I'm getting some errors when loading:

There's also no interface when I play a game:

How can I fix this?

Attachments

• XML Errors.jpg
    XML Errors.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Civ4ScreenShot0625.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0625.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 265
For the gamefont issue, you need those files. They should be in WoC Lite Assets/Res/Fonts and that is where you have to put them as well.

No idea about the no interface part. Maybe it is related and is fixed by that as well, maybe it is something with the Python merge. Maybe it simpy is an issue in an xml definition (CIV is rather picky about these).

OrionVeteran,
hey,

i think johny is long gone from civfanatics,

i have some old woc files, can you tell me exactly what you need ill have a look for you, ive done some compiling trials with woc lite.

I'm trying to get a good set of SDK files for WoC Lite and then I want to build from there.

i have compiled successfully before with woc lite,

ill try to look at what i have.

but,
why wont you use revdcm code instead?

RevDCM has a bunch of extra stuff that is included in their build and for now, I have no desire to turn items on and off. I'm looking to create a clean version, with just a few key additions that I want to use.

Eh OrionVet
You could use the RevolutionMP build. It only includes this:
BTS319, Revolutions 2.71, Multiplayer support 2.71,

WoC has not been merged, but that would not overly painful to do. You could take the latest WoC from RevDCM or WoC_lite. However this is always more work than I think.

Cheers

Eh OrionVet
You could use the RevolutionMP build. It only includes this:
BTS319, Revolutions 2.71, Multiplayer support 2.71,

WoC has not been merged, but that would not overly painful to do. You could take the latest WoC from RevDCM or WoC_lite. However this is always more work than I think.

Cheers

Thanks, and I might checkout the multiplayer support. For now, I have already resurrected Grand Inquisitions, which is receiving a major SDK overhaul. I have 2 out of 5 projects complete.

Top Bottom