WoC Lite Rapture

I hear this mod is dead, but I have a question about it to anybody who has played it. I am using a missionary from this mod in my mod (the Nordic Shaman) and when I spread the the religion the logo doesn't appear above the missionary at all. Here is a screenshot of my missionary successfully spreading his religion into an Incan city, the symbol appears over the city-bar and yet no symbol appears above the missionary. I already know how to set the code (in both the nif and in XML) to get it to work as I have done it for three other missionaries and have altered symbols for other ones so I know I did everything right (or at least think I have). So my basic question is whether or not this missionary/unit ever had this effect to begin with.

And if you think you can help me that would be appreciated too.

The mod is not dead. But the mod will not be a small project of just adding religions so will not be quick if ever done. I am in transition at the moment. I can not even play Civ at the moment.

The files are there. The art is in WoC Modular format. So each religion has it own folder. The effects were working. You can test it in Rapture by just running Rapture.

I don't understand the confusion with it. Run the mod and you should see it. All of the work is in the "modules" folder . Sorry I will probably return to modding in a few months.

I am looking at merging there source code from RevDCM with Rapture now. ROM is using RevDCM. The xml would take some work to figure how ROM stuff would want to be changed.

I hear this mod is dead, but I have a question about it to anybody who has played it. I am using a missionary from this mod in my mod (the Nordic Shaman) and when I spread the the religion the logo doesn't appear above the missionary at all. Here is a screenshot of my missionary successfully spreading his religion into an Incan city, the symbol appears over the city-bar and yet no symbol appears above the missionary. I already know how to set the code (in both the nif and in XML) to get it to work as I have done it for three other missionaries and have altered symbols for other ones so I know I did everything right (or at least think I have). So my basic question is whether or not this missionary/unit ever had this effect to begin with.

And if you think you can help me that would be appreciated too.

Hi you were right. Although why is because someone packed the effects into the Rapture1.fpk file. Anyway sorry about that. Here is the art files if you want them still and it was missing the zoro founding movie. The file is less than a megabyte.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=240056&d=1263414117

I have tried playing this but I spend most of my time trying to stop my state religion dieing out. I was trying an Epic game starting pre-Ancient. I had two cities due to goody hut and had not yet got the tech to build settlers. Also, when I tried the game on noble level I found that all the other civs were at least one era ahead of me by the time I got the tech (City) for building settlers. By that time they all had 5-6 cities.

Has the game been ballanced for Epic games starting in the pre-ancient era - or am I just doing stuff wrong. I seem to be spending a great deal of time building and deleting warriors for example because I have nothing else to build and cant afford the maintenance.

I also got a few XML errors on start and there are text missing. Do you want me to report them?

There is no balance whatsoever. The empty beginning Neolithic era was for the planning stages as a moving camp city not a city. So as for difficulty you might as well give up. The game is not really meant to be played at this stage. I posted this to place the art up here if people want to help or use it.

I know the tech xml errors need to fix them. Text missing I know about as well. The waiting has been on someone who says they are finishing SDK changes. I have about given up on these now. So I thinking about overhauling the mod expecting not to have these changes. Sorry for the confusion. I did really mean Alpha.

As for me asking about religions...I was wondering did you want to add things to religions I have present to get an expanded set for any mod if in the future? I mean with the new xml tags for religions to begin by other ways versus just a tech.

I can not find the shaman effects. Only the normal missionaries effects are there. I will have to do them again. Sorry to everyone.

..I did really mean Alpha.

As for me asking about religions...I was wondering did you want to add things to religions I have present to get an expanded set for any mod if in the future? I mean with the new xml tags for religions to begin by other ways versus just a tech.

OK. I have not thought much about religions as a concept. I just got involved because I Felt RoM should not loose AAranda's work.

Well ya apparently I did not have effects with the shaman units. I looked around more. I thought I had done them before, but I see after trying to add them (like they are added to the missionaries) they do not seem to work. There may be another way, but I have not figured it out yet. Sorry again.

First off, I really like what you're doing with the mod. Second, I've been trying to add other unit classes to the mod but whenever I do the game crashes while loading. I can add new units to existing classes, new civs, buildings, ect, ect. But I can't seem to figure out what the conflict is with new unit classes like early fighters. Can anyone shed a little light on the problem?

I really can not tell you for sure why it would be a conflict. I have done nothing special (that I can think of at the moment)that it should effect it. I need more input to help I mean.

I am sorry when I get some time I can help. If you can not figure out what is wrong before I get around to it. Did you add the the class and a unit for the class or just the class?

Sorry to be so impresise. I put in a new unit class entry and the corresponding unit info entry. The unit art is in there too.

I'll keep tinkering with the issue and if I figure it out I'll let you know.

Top Bottom