Wonder conquering?

Saxony

Chieftain
What will happen if I conquere a city with a wonder in it like ND or Stonehenge and I annex it? Will I get the bonus from that wonder?

yes. annexing is not necessary. a puppet will do.
note though that for a wonder like the great library or hagia sophia you'll not get a free tech and not a free great person (nor any one-time (when build) bonus).

Cities with wonders like Forbidden Palace, ND or Eiffel Tower should be your prime targets of conquest. Not saying other wonders aren't desirable, but cities with those three wonders tend to come with stuff like Macchu Pichu, Himeji or Great Wall

Some wonders are kind of useless to conquer like Pyramids, Oracle, etc. These wonders have a 1 time bonus(excepted GPP points). But every extra happiness and/or gold wonders are always nice to get like the ND, Macchu, Colossus, etc.

Also, one more question. If I raze a city with a wonder while it is still is not obsolete can I build it again? And thanks for replying.

Some wonders are kind of useless to conquer like Pyramids, Oracle, etc. These wonders have a 1 time bonus(excepted GPP points). But every extra happiness and/or gold wonders are always nice to get like the ND, Macchu, Colossus, etc.
Pyramids increased improvements construction speed the last time I checked. Was it changed?

by 25%. so if you had 8 workers, they'd work as fast as 10. 2 workers are pretty cheap later in the game. It's still useful when captured, but it's mainly good because you get two free workers very early in the game for free (along with the 25% bonus).

by 25%. so if you had 8 workers, they'd work as fast as 10. 2 workers are pretty cheap later in the game. It's still useful when captured, but it's mainly good because you get two free workers very early in the game for free (along with the 25% bonus).
You'll get both workers much earlier if you just build them the hard way. Especially the first one. And will save 45 hammers. Cannot see how 25% bonus+GE points are worth delaying workers for so long. Conquering, on the other hand, costs you nothing. So you gain the bonus for free.

Also, one more question. If I raze a city with a wonder while it is still is not obsolete can I build it again? And thanks for replying.

Nope.

This also goes with nuking a wonder city out of existence (with nuclear missiles). The wonder is gone, forever, razed into the dusty pits of history. You might have cool ruins like the mountain containing Machu Picchu sitting untouched by any culture borders in the midst of a radioactive wasteland, but that's it.

Top Bottom