Wonder Elimination Thread

Chichen Itza -24
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace - 19-3=16 this building isn't necessary to win the diplo victory, allying with city-states is far more important, plus if you don't care about the diplo (which I find to be the easiest victory for the AI and a human player now), you can ignore it
Hanging Gardens - 12
Leaning Tower of Pisa - 35
Machu Picchu - 21
Neuschwanstein - 29
Notre Dame- 22
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 32
Stonehenge - 11+1=12 good for founding a religion, but there are other means as well
Temple of Artemis - 14

Chichen Itza -24 -3= 21 AI always builds it.
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -16
Hanging Gardens - 12
Machu Picchu - 21
Neuschwanstein - 29 +1= 30 Has saved me a couple times, I like to conquer a lot of cities and the unhappiness really builds up. Also provides a ton of gold, all around great wonder.
Notre Dame- 22
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 32
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 14

Is this thread for how good the wonder is when you get it, or how often it is useful?

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -16
Hanging Gardens - 12
Machu Picchu - 21
Neuschwanstein - 30
Notre Dame- 22
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33- Gives you a TON of production!
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 11- Really way too early for building wonders!

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -16
Hanging Gardens - 12 - 3 = 9 - +6 food is nice, but Temple of Artemis is better in 99,9% of situations, also it requires Tradition which I personally don't really like.
Machu Picchu - 21 + 1 = 22 - Yes needing a mountain is less than ideal but you want to settle near mountains anyway and it also means that AIs won't build it asap(or at all), and in wide empires which I prefer it will give ridiculous amounts of gold.
Notre Dame- 22
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 11

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -16-3=13 , city-state allies are more important for a diplo victory
Hanging Gardens -9
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-30
Notre Dame- 22
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 11+1=12 a good boost to city growth, now Petra, Stonehenge, and Temple of Arty are tied :), they all are decent wonders, but which shall be eliminated first?

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -9
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 12

Notre Dame: 10 happiness is actually a big deal when this wonder comes out. Happiness has always been my main issue in the game.

Neushwanstein: Happiness and culture boosts are always welcome, but it requires players to build castles. I never build any them and it wastes some time to build castles in cities. Also it has mountain restriction.

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37 - 3 = 34. No reason to build this if you are not going for cultural victory (or trying to prevent someone else's cultural victory). Does not provide enough happiness or culture to make a difference at that stage of the game.
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -9
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -12 + 1 = 13 One of the few wonders that can single-handedly make or break your game. A must-have for a desert civ.
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 12

Petra -15 (+1) Game changing wonder when built in the right location. I've played multiple games where after initial scouting I found such a location, went liberty, got my second city in that spot and rush built Petra with a GE from liberty finisher. You immiediately get 2 powerhouse cities instead of one and can get a lot more wonders (or other stuff), which you can now build simultanously.

Exactly! I hereby incorporate by reference.

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 34
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -9 + 1= 10: I consider building this if I choose the peace garden belief, and I just want to save instead of murder
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -13 - 3= 10:petra is only useful in the desert, and I HATE the desert
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 12

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 34
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -11 + Peaceful place, + food is great.
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -10
Sistine Chapel - 30 - Just don't like.
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 12

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 34
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -11
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -11

Sistine Chapel - 30
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 9

Temple of Artemis - 12

+1 to Petra. It's just a badass wonder. In most desert cities it's going to contribute much, much more Food than the Hanging Gardens, and it'll always bring Production too.
Add to it a free Trade Route (Caravan, but you can sell it to get a Cargo Ship) which itself can add as much food as Hanging Gardens later on. And to top that off, it grants some nice Culture with Archeology. Soo... why is this thing so low?

I'll blame the Petra-hating illuminati for this.

-3 to Stonehenge. I just think it's the worst on the list, that's it.

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 34
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -8- Not usually worth building, dosent give much in the long run.
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -11
Sistine Chapel - 30
Statue of Liberty - 34- The boost to production seems small, but is actually quite large.
Stonehenge - 9
Temple of Artemis - 12

Chichen Itza - 21
Colossus - 26 - 3 = 23. Really unknow for me. Need a coastal city, thing rarer than mountain in my quest for 5 turns to plant my capital. I used to play random maps, and never thought to priorize Colossus. Stonehedge, Petra, Hanging gardens, ToA, but Colossus :confused:. Thanks for advice about Colossus.
Eiffel Tower - 34
Forbidden Palace - 13
Hanging Gardens - 8
Machu Picchu - 22 + 1 = 23. Money, Money, Money. I priorize it when I have mountains near my capital or my second city. I need a mountain, but it's mean I'll have observatory. It's really powerful as far your capital going to grow and grow.
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -11
Sistine Chapel - 30
Statue of Liberty - 34
Stonehenge - 9
Temple of Artemis - 12

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -13
Hanging Gardens -9 +1=10
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 12-3=9

HG extra food is great. Artemis is not available in BNW so I am kicking it in the teeth. Maybe that's unfair but I only play BNW!

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace -10
Hanging Gardens - 10
Machu Picchu -22
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 10

+1 ToA - Great wonder for both Tall or Wide. Getting it can be a challenge if you spawn in tight quarters with another Civ or two.

-3 Forbidden Palace - Not really that useful, the two votes are nice for in that era, but equate to only a single city state come the late game. If you are good at exploration you can typically just get the free delegates from founding the WC.

HG extra food is great. Artemis is not available in BNW so I am kicking it in the teeth. Maybe that's unfair but I only play BNW!

Sorry, but what kind of reasoning is this? ToA extra food is even greater than HG and it does exist in BNW (Wonders of the Ancient World DLC).

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace - 7
Hanging Gardens - 10
Machu Picchu -23
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 10

Forbidden Palace - 3 : You don't need it to win a diplomatic victory. Happinness is useful but far from Taj Mahal. No Great person point.

Machu Picchu + 1 : Money. Quite easy to build against AI. You just need a mountain. Useful in tall or wide empire.

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace - 7-3=4 I help this wonder go out, it's not a necessity for a diplo victory
Hanging Gardens - 10
Machu Picchu -23
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 23+1=24 faith and happiness is a nice combination, though the AI tends to grab it as fast as they can, it's still a great wonder
Oracle - 23
Petra -12
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 10

Chichen Itza -21
Colossus - 26
Eiffel Tower - 37
Forbidden Palace - 4
Hanging Gardens - 10
Machu Picchu -23
Neushwanstein-27
Notre Dame- 24
Oracle - 23 + 1 = 24. It's really hard to have a decent culture without it. Scientific point help a lot.
Petra -12 - 3 = 9. I drop 2 for 3 games when I build it. The last is a runaway game, but the 2 others I manage to rush Petra in the wrong way. No NC, only capital. A powerful city, indeed. But no left room for other cities, and neighboors AI are too powerful to conquer one of his cities (and usually it build Great Wall). This wonder is a trap for me.
Sistine Chapel - 33
Statue of Liberty - 33
Stonehenge - 12
Temple of Artemis - 10

Top Bottom