Wonder Victory broken:

Smellincoffee

Trekkie At Large
I wanted to test out the new Wonder victory in an epic game. I selected the option, hit "game limitations" and replaced "29" with "7". I checked it again, of course, after I chose my civ- India- and launched the game.

I played to win the Wonder victory, snagging 5/8. The last three were cascades from me getting the Great Wall. I hit "enter", fully expecting a victory screen. Nada. I hit enter again. Nada. I hit the victory screen and it tells me I need to build 29 wonders- even though I specified in the game limits that I wanted the wonder victory to end after seven wonders!

Anyone else experienced this? :-/

Oh, steps to reproduce:

1.) Start a new game. Mine was standard-sized, standard continents, wet.

2.) Choose "wonder victory"

3.) Hit "game limits" and replace "29" with "7".

4.) Choose your civ (I chose India) and launch.

You should have the same result I have.

It may be that there is a game code that says that you need to build all of the wonders. So you would need to edit this in the editor to the ones you want. I know that is not what you wanted, but that's all I can think of. I may be wrong though.

I don't see any limitations for # of wonders in the 'game limits' menu (for the game, not the editor). Am I looking in the wrong area, or did you get confused with 'wonder completion multiple'? which I think just has to do with victory point scoring, not the # of wonders.

Ah, that's what happened.

Disregard this, then. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom