Wonders on Techmap

Kordanor

Warlord
Hey there,

I just threw together the info about wonders and the techmap provided by well-of-souls.com

Nothing fancy, but maybe it helps the one or another to get a better overview.

Attachments

• T_Wonders.jpg
    T_Wonders.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 468
Looking at this supremacy really has a ton of wonders that I'm interested in. And hopefully harmony get some better wonders to go with it compared to the other 2.

The ones we don't know about:
Effects of Daedalus Ladder
Effects of Mass Driver
Alien Ethics (Mindflower?)

Xenonova, Holon Chamber, Tectonic Anvil, Nanothermite... Really bad wonders, i'd build Angkor Wat before all of them

It doesn't help that they are all attached to the most expensive of possible techs as well so we are forced to get them late game. Xenonova for instance I would be happy to build if it were an early/mid-game wonder so I can actually take advantage of that food.

Of them I'd say the Tectonic Anvil is the weakest. A late game bunch of production that you likely don't need. Not to mention it takes 173 turns to pay for itself. By the time it would have been worth building this thing the game is probably over or nearly so.

Hey there,

I just threw together the info about wonders and the techmap provided by well-of-souls.com

Very nice. 5 stars.
:goodjob:

Hey there,

One point: Xenodrome is under Alien Ethics
the Metamaterial wonder is the Ansible

Very Cool! Thanks for this :)

Note: Promethean is spelled incorrectly ;)

Thanks! Makes wiki-ing the unknowns one step closer to digging into the civilopedia!

It doesn't help that they are all attached to the most expensive of possible techs as well so we are forced to get them late game. Xenonova for instance I would be happy to build if it were an early/mid-game wonder so I can actually take advantage of that food.

Of them I'd say the Tectonic Anvil is the weakest. A late game bunch of production that you likely don't need. Not to mention it takes 173 turns to pay for itself. By the time it would have been worth building this thing the game is probably over or nearly so.

That's the problem, this is why I don't think Panopticon is a bad wonder. It's because it only costs 250 production and it's an early wonder.

That's the problem, this is why I don't think Panopticon is a bad wonder. It's because it only costs 250 production and it's an early wonder.

Panopticon is one of the best wonders in the game. Fog of war kills. If you intend to engage in combat at any time for any reason Panopticon is an advantage that I would prefer having every time.

wrong thread...

Looks like I'll be going to the top right every game.

I have a doubt about the Ansible and the Xenodrome
Both of them gives an affinity specific building, the building needs the proper affinity level to work or its 100 % free ?
Also, anyone finds weird the Ansible gives a Supremacy building while being in a tech that gives Harmony points ?

I have a doubt about the Ansible and the Xenodrome
Both of them gives an affinity specific building, the building needs the proper affinity level to work or its 100 % free ?
Also, anyone finds weird the Ansible gives a Supremacy building while being in a tech that gives Harmony points ?

That's an advantage to the Ansible - you're probably a Harmony player who wouldn't get the Supremacy building otherwise.

I just was thinking, are there quests to build wonders, or quests that let you mod them like other buildings?

If so it would explain why some seem lacking, the get better.

Anyway, this map is great, good work :)

I don't think the wonders have quests, we would have seen that by now, but mabe we don't know all of their effects?

Some wonders seem really nice, like the Deep Memory that gives 7 culture and two free virtues, and the tech itself gives purity affinity points, which makes the New terrain Myth wonder incredibly bad, even if it costs a lot less the effect 4 culture is nothing and the tech gives nothing else!!!

Other nice wonders are Xenomalleum (+2 enrgy for generateors and 7 enrgy in itself!), quantum compurures (5 science and a free tech) at the same time as wonders that just seem no better than an ordinary building.

Maybe someone should start a rate the wonders thread when we know all the details...

Top Bottom