Won't go past map loading screen since patch

Hello,

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 also, so I couldn't play the game after the patch :(

As it has been written, the new patch was built for the new NVIDIA drivers, which aren't installed on machines with older NVIDIA cards.

There's several possible solutions:
1. Firaxis rebuilds the .exe file with older NVIDIA drivers.
It's a matter of choice. Will Firaxis support the older version of NVIDIA cards, or not?
2. Find the exact spot in the code which is causing the crashes and fix it.
It's a very hard thing to do. I tried with some debugging tools but without luck. All I could find out was that the bug is in one of the video rendering functions due to null argument.
3. Roll back and use old .exe?
But I don't want to play the old original unpatched game. I've already finished the game on apollo and it was just too easy. I need the new patch, otherwise the game just isn't challenging :undecide:

So I was thinking, how would it be possible to play the new patch with the old game?

1+1 = ?

You guessed it! Use all the new patched files, except the .exe! I'm a genius! I know, it sounds pretty crazy but, I tried it and it worked. Or at least partially. There was a ton of bugs, no options showing, no city details, bugged units etc.

So, I got off my lazy ass did some fixing! (It's not as simple as it sounds considering I had 0 modding experience) And whoalla! The game runs with the old .exe and the new files. Sponsor and startup changes work. Unit modifications work. Research tree works. New health system works!

So basically, I've created a mod, which allows people with this problem to play on the latest patch without crashes. Unfortunately I can't publicly post any links or say what I've changed due to copyrighted content.

If anyone's interested in this mod, please PM me.

Moderator Action: Removed links. Please do not post links to download copyrighted content

Had the same issue with gtx 260. Unable to play BE after patch. Upgraded to 760. Had old card for several years. 760 worked fine. I understand it is something to do with dirextx11 support. Would have been better if they had acknowledged there was a problem and made available a workaround from the onset.

It's Christmas and i wanted to buy a new PC anyway, so surprise surprise the game works for me again with a gtx 750.

But for the record I'm still very pissed, because of the patches they have released for CivBE and Civ 5 aswell. They have crossed the limit in terms of custumer support and technical support for their games. Their products and service is not worth the money they are earning.

Great job on the mod btw i hope it works for some players.

Same here. Pre-patch the game ran fine. After the patch it crashes after I hit the play button. Very annoying. I tried basically everything listed on
http://steamcommunity.com/app/65980/discussions/0/619569341080266527/
including reinstalling the game, vcredist, directx, it just does not work. I run the latest graphics drivers for my nvidia 9600M GT. Although I was somewhat disappointed with the game I still hope they will fix it soon so I can give the patch a fair chance.

Hello folks, we think we have this problem locked down. We should have more for you soon as we work through the process.

that's good to hear

Just to close out the thread (maybe), the latest release (I think it's .611) fixes the issue I had.

This still happens to me. Game is patched and up to date, Nvidia drivers are up to date. I'm have a 580 GTX and a Asus 3D 120Mhz monitor if that makes a difference. I've tried full screen and windows mode. Nothing I've tried works, I haven't been able to play at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom