Won't run under iOS 17.4

Luddify

Chieftain
UPDATE 2: The iOS 17.4 update from Apple has broken Civ VI again.

UPDATE: The Dec. 21 patch seems to have fixed the failure to launch - still checking the text labels. Thanks Aspyr!

Civ VI won't get past the initial loading screen on an iPhone 15 Pro Max for me and many others judging from the comments on the App Store. Anyone have a workaround and/or know if a fix is forthcoming? There was a bug fix update yesterday but it didn't fix the problem for me.

While it still launches under iPad OS 17, there are issues with missing text labels throughout.

Last edited:
Same here I just bought it 2 weeks ago and I haven’t found a way to fix it either

UPDATE: The Dec. 21 patch seems to have fixed the failure to launch - still checking the text labels. Thanks Aspyr!

Civ VI won't get past the initial loading screen on an iPhone 15 Pro Max for me and many others judging from the comments on the App Store. Anyone have a workaround and/or know if a fix is forthcoming? There was a bug fix update yesterday but it didn't fix the problem for me.

While it still launches under iPad OS 17, there are issues with missing text labels throughout.
Does anyone know if this is still true? I recently upgraded to iOS 17 on a new iPad and it won’t launch…

Attachments

• IMG_0007.png
    IMG_0007.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 326
I’ve got the same issue. I just updated iOS yesterday to 17.4

I opened a ticket with Aspyr support

Last edited:
I did as well, for all the good it will probably do. My report is listed as “report logged”. You would think they would have fixed this by now.
Same. We will see. 17.4 just came out so hopefully it’s just something with that.

I tried it before updating to 17.4 and it worked. Except for cloud saves, which have been down for a month or so. After the update it hangs on the loading screen, just like it did before the last fix. It also popped an error dialog "Abnormal exit: AppHost Initialization failed in 'DidFinishLaunching' Exit code: 1". Looks like the update broke it (yet again).

Aspyr, if you fix this please also look at restoring the iPad retina mode and scaled interface. Better yet, please add them to the settings so we don't need a keyboard to toggle!

This is on my iPad Pro 12.9 M1.

I tried it before updating to 17.4 and it worked. Except for cloud saves, which have been down for a month or so. After the update it hangs on the loading screen, just like it did before the last fix. It also popped an error dialog "Abnormal exit: AppHost Initialization failed in 'DidFinishLaunching' Exit code: 1". Looks like the update broke it (yet again).

Aspyr, if you fix this please also look at restoring the iPad retina mode and scaled interface. Better yet, please add them to the settings so we don't need a keyboard to toggle!

This is on my iPad Pro 12.9 M1.
I’m having the same issue, iPadOS 17.4 5th gen iPad Air

Ok so I just joined because I’ve spent too many hours playing this game… but now it won’t load same as yours wouldn’t. But I haven’t had this problem before with any update so I’m confused as to why suddenly with this update it is doing for me what it did for you guys earlier. My ticket status just says “logged” with aspyr now.

Ok so I just joined because I’ve spent too many hours playing this game… but now it won’t load same as yours wouldn’t. But I haven’t had this problem before with any update so I’m confused as to why suddenly with this update it is doing for me what it did for you guys earlier. My ticket status just says “logged” with aspyr now.
It’s because of iOS 17.4. We don’t know yet what about it broke it. Aspyr will need to fix and release an updated game to the App Store.

Now it just offered me to track activity across apps, and then gave me the same error
It’s because of iOS 17.4. We don’t know yet what about it broke it. Aspyr will need to fix and release an updated game to the App Store.
Yeah that’s what I figured - but how did some of you get that update months before the rest of us?

Now it just offered me to track activity across apps, and then gave me the same error

Yeah that’s what I figured - but how did some of you get that update months before the rest of us?
I think they had beta version. Wish I had known else I would have held off updating.

I think the original thread may have been a different issue. We hijacked it with this problem. Or, as Earwiggle mentioned they had iOS 17.4 in beta.

I think the original thread may have been a different issue. We hijacked it with this problem. Or, as Earwiggle mentioned they had iOS 17.4 in beta.
This. The thread was initially for when the game broke with the move to iOS 17. This was later fixed only to break again for the 17.4 update. It just seemed easier to update the original thread - apologies for the confusion. No beta versions here.

L
This. The thread was initially for when the game broke with the move to iOS 17. This was later fixed only to break again for the 17.4 update. It just seemed easier to update the original thread - apologies for the confusion. No beta versions here.
Sorry for confusion. Frustrating that they fixed it only for it to break again. Is this universal? I am UK based, and I wondered if it is affected by changes in the EU.

Oh, and this doesn’t give me any feeling of confidence either, I changed my primary email address on aspyr and verification process is completely broken so now I can’t see my own ticket and I can’t contact or see any response from them because I have an unverified email address… because they’re verification process is broken 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Top Bottom