Workers Keep Waking Up in the Middle of Construction

CaptainChaos

Chieftain
I haven't played Civ in a longwhile. I took Civ 5 (vanilla) out of cobwebs and was having a ton of fun with it, until I remember some of the reasons I lost I interest.

My workers, near another civ, with whom I was at war but now have peace for 10 turns, they keep "waking up" from my orders. This means, I have to instruct them each turn, to KEEP BUILDING the same project. Not only is this really annoying, but it's actually quite taxing on me, b/c there are like six workers in that position, it was late at night, and I keep forgetting what I asking them to do in the first place. Is there any way to stop this or a mod? Thank you for any advice :)

Jeff

ew vanilla

Teasing aside: It's almost certainly being next to the civ you were at war with at the time. Workers automatically wake up when enemies approach, presumably so you can save them since they can't defend themselves.

It's a known bug in vanilla only. As far as I know the only solution is to upgrade to Gods and Kings or Brave New World.

actually even workers in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad the expansions fix the bug though. Thank you for the responses!

Top Bottom