workers stopping work

Those two apply to vanilla -- but this thread is about workers alerting more than that. Or so I gather.

No, those two are reasons why workers would be awakened when they shouldn't be. Normally, you'd get workers waking up at the end of the turn when there's an opponent threatening to capture them and nobody's guarding them, but the two reasons I mentioned are possible causes as to why a worker who should not be awakened (i.e. they're not in any sort of danger) still does so. I thought this thread was about this type of buggy behavior.

My workers keep stopping work. It's not all of them but after a certain point in the game workers seem to stop working every turn and have to be given their instructions again. I can't be sure but it seems to be those working further away from the capital city. I could understand if they were near enemy units or cities or outside of their own territory but they can be right next to one of their own cities. Stacking a military unit with the worker makes the worker behave so it seems like they're refusing to work without protection but it happens even when I'm dominating militarily and culturally.

Is there a barbarian or an enemy unit nearby? You mentioned going for a Domination Victory, is this near enemy cities? A worker will automatically stop and need instructions whenever an enemy unit is in their LoS.

You labeled your post with the [vanilla] tag, so I presume you are playing the vanilla game, where this is a previously reported bug.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Reports thread.

I haven't read every post. So, the only way to fix this bug - reported 5 years ago - is to buy the expansion pack?
Who would say business is not cynical and exploitative.

Top Bottom