Working on an advanced Civ Ranking popup

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
You know the Civ Ranking popup that comes every 25 turns? Well I'm working on an advanced version. It will allow you to flip through each category like a book, and will add new categories on top of the existing 7. Currently I've added "Overall Score" and "Culture per Turn" categories. As well as adding more content and allowing viewing of every rank category (instead of just 1 as currently) I have added this popup to the "Additional Information" menu so you can access it any time you please.

My question:
What information would you like to see here?

Technological advancement (and per turn),
Happiness,
Happiness from resources or just resources,
(Net) Gold per turn,
Most Warlike/Peaceful (number of turns at war, or at war with most people, or most conquered/razed cities... something along those lines)
Most production toward military at the moment (units)
Most production toward domestic (buildings)
Civics obtained (and/or culture total+per turn)

I realize that some of these are already in game, but I would like to see totals as well as per turn stats.

Please remember I'll be limited to items already exposed from the DLL, such as pPlayer:GetCulture(). ;)

I think this might be a little too much intelligence for free. I'm certainly not against adding intelligence into the game, but it must cost the player some effort.

Dude, it's all available in other screens. How would you like all that info in one place though rather than heaps of places? If you're not going to make a suggestion, get out of ma thread. :)

Dude, it's all available in other screens.
I'm not so sure about that. Of course, players using mods must be aware that the mods can affect difficulty, so its not much of a problem.

If you're not going to make a suggestion, get out of ma thread.
Sorry if you feel offended by my post, I certainly didn't mean to insult your work. I just tried to make a fair point.

I'm not so sure about that. Of course, players using mods must be aware that the mods can affect difficulty, so its not much of a problem.

Some of what Zen Blade suggested isn't, but then I didn't say if I was going to add it. In terms of giving more information in-game, it's what people want. You still only have access to information from Civs you know, so these screens don't give you info you haven't already got access to or can work out yourself.

Sorry if you feel offended by my post, I certainly didn't mean to insult your work. I just tried to make a fair point.

Ahh.... another who doesn't understand Aussie sarcasm. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Dale,

I am offended by your apology. Now, I think you should apologize for that...

also, some of what I suggested was awesome (even if not available). I tend to think more information is better.

And honestly, you should have a lot of information... Right now, if I wanted to, I could get a ton of information about virtually any country in the world. That didn't exist 20-30 years ago for the average person, but it definitely existed for the leaders of most powerful nations.
Can anyone say "ambassador" or "diplomats". Half of what they do constitutes intelligence gathering.

Top Bottom