World Builder n00b

NewWaver

Special Agent
Hello. I was just wondering if there's a video (or article) somewhere with a basic tutorial of the WorldBuilder feature? What I wish to do is make a scenario, basically. I have ideas for Earth map-based scenarios, but I don't know how to do simple things like placing cities in certain squares, controlled by certain Civs, basically what I used to be able to do in Civs II & III.

I'm more of a CivII scenario-builder veteran with a bit of experience in making CivIII games. When CivIV came along and changed the format, I got very confused. Avoided attempting the WorldBuilder option altogether (partly due to a very slow PC). Now that I have a Mac that is capable of much faster speeds, I may just be able to try this. Only trouble is the know-how.

I currently use an iMac running Lion, and have a copy of CivIV Gold Edition (MacDVD version).

Can anybody help me attempt my first CivIV scenario?

Thanks!

;)

(yes, "Internet" is the name of the leader here)

Attachments

• wb.jpg
    wb.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 201

That link was very useful, thanks! :)

A couple more questions though. I managed to change names and the amount of gold they start the scenario with. All I need to do now is change the state religions and the civics for each Civ. What's the proper way to do this? I attempted to put the religion names where it belongs, but it didn't seem to do anything when I tested it.

Basically, I just need to know the proper text to put at the end of "StateReligion=", and where to find the part to edit the civics (and the proper text for that too).

Thanks again. I'm nearly finished! :D

You might want to check this thread ;).

Thank you VERY much for this. :goodjob:

There is one more question about WorldBuilder though. It's probably a simple one to answer, but...I'm a n00b. :p

When I was in WorldBuilder placing the cities, units, etc, I failed to find how you place roads and railroads. I've got all the mines, irrigation, etc. Roads and railroads are the only thing I wasn't able to do at the time. Where do I find them?

Thanks again! :D

Top Bottom