World Congress enter brave new world unlock on Facebook

The only interesting thing I noticed was at around 0:35 trade units moved underneath barbarians, implying that you have to take an actual action to pillage the trade routes, not just attack the caravan.

Makes sense to me, because otherwise you wouldn't even be able to cross a tile with your ship if it is occupied by a foreign trade unit.

Only new info I saw was Melbourne as a city-state.

Vancouver and Anta...riva are also confirmed in the video.

I didn't see Melbourne - interesting.

Pretty underwhelming featurette and I think it's safe to say we'll be getting final confirmation of Venice and the Shoshone in magazines tomorrow.

Unlike the previous UN Diplomatic Victory, you *can vote for yourself to win this time

... The International Space Station uses the UN's art...
wat? :confused:

Just went to check this closer, and it truly makes no sense! :rolleyes:
At 0:51, we see the International Space Station's splash screen - which, for some weird reason, futures the UN instead. The very next screen, we see the conclusion of the World Congress Project, and it features... art for the ISS!!

What are you doing, Firaxis? If you have art for the ISS, then use the art for the ISS in the ISS' splash screen! It's not rocket science!

Besides, the UN's art is already used when dealing with the World Congress, so it's not like they didn't want to to go unused!

Footage in these featurettes has contained placeholder art/text before as it is taken from old builds. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's like this in the released product.

Footage in these featurettes has contained placeholder art/text before as it is taken from old builds. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's like this in the released product.

This. We've seen this before: there's a lot of evidence that the build they were working with when the featurettes were made is older than the current state of the game.

Also:

What are you doing, Firaxis? If you have art for the ISS, then use the art for the ISS in the ISS' splash screen! It's not rocket science!

I'm not sure if the pun was deliberate, but I laughed anyway.

Just went to check this closer, and it truly makes no sense! :rolleyes:
At 0:51, we see the International Space Station's splash screen - which, for some weird reason, futures the UN instead. The very next screen, we see the conclusion of the World Congress Project, and it features... art for the ISS!!

Besides, the UN's art is already used when dealing with the World Congress, so it's not like they didn't want to to go unused!
I guess for al World Projects the UN picture is used?
Or it are just placeholders, of course, isn't the first time.
=======
but I'm more intruiged about the blue square, now it was the full picture, but there wasn't anything strange 'under' the blue square?

On FB, they say it's the final featurette.

I would hope so - the game's out in less than a month now. I don't want to be bombarded with information right up until release.

This. We've seen this before: there's a lot of evidence that the build they were working with when the featurettes were made is older than the current state of the game.

Yeah, although this seems like a rather recent build. I don't know how hard of a fix it would be, but I can't see it being too complicated - so it should be fixed soon (I hope!)

I'm not sure if the pun was deliberate, but I laughed anyway.
Thank You! I'll be here all week! :hatsoff:

I guess for al World Projects the UN picture is used?
Or it are just placeholders, of course, isn't the first time.
There is only one World Project that gives us a Wonder - thus, only one World Project with a Wonder Splash Screen. All of them should have a World Project Complete Screen, though - that's the one who tells us who are in the first, second and third places. I remember seeing the Olympic Games' International Games' and, now, this one, so there's only missing the World Fair's! :D

EDIT:
On FB, they say it's the final featurette.

Oooohhhhh... :( I wanted one extra one for the new civilizations! That could give us all the details left in regards to their Uniques (and we'd be able to see just a tiny little more of each leaderscreen)...

I would hope so - the game's out in less than a month now. I don't want to be bombarded with information right up until release.

Well to be frank, it's not like these featurettes exactly "bombarded" us with new information ... it's more akin to tossing a feather in our general direction.;)

And no need to say that we already know the concepts that appear in those videos. The only reasons I watch them is to see the design of the new elements and to find some hidden informations.

Anyone knows what was so secret about the guy hidden behind the blue rectangle on the promotional image? I looked at the guy, but didn't notice anything.

One thing I noticed that's a little concerning was the usage of the old United Nations wonder art for the International Space Station wonder. This, along with the reused leader music (Songhai's theme for Zulu, Spain's theme for Brazil) shown in previous videos, has made me a little worried that this expansion might not live up the quality standard set by the series. I would like to think it's all just placeholder art/music, but release is less than a month away at this point...

Top Bottom