Worldbuilder - can't scroll huge maps

bobloblaw1414

Chieftain
I'm baffled by this, and more baffled by the fact that I can't find any mention of it on any forum anywhere...makes me wonder what the heck I'm missing.

I'm trying to create my first Civ V map...actually, I imported an old Civ IV map I made. It is the largest size available (because I like punishment). The thing is, when you edit a map of this size in Civ V Worldbuilder, you only see the middle 30% of it or so, and I cannot scroll around. So I can't edit the edges of the map.

I have many many other issues, but this one seems like a pretty basic one that really needs to be addressed first. Anyone know what I am missing? Or are others out there experiencing this.

I found the only way to scroll across the map in worldbuilder is to click a tile, then use your directional buttons, which is definitely a pain in the butt.

I'm baffled by this, and more baffled by the fact that I can't find any mention of it on any forum anywhere...makes me wonder what the heck I'm missing.

I'm trying to create my first Civ V map...actually, I imported an old Civ IV map I made. It is the largest size available (because I like punishment). The thing is, when you edit a map of this size in Civ V Worldbuilder, you only see the middle 30% of it or so, and I cannot scroll around. So I can't edit the edges of the map.

I have many many other issues, but this one seems like a pretty basic one that really needs to be addressed first. Anyone know what I am missing? Or are others out there experiencing this.

Using the arrow keys worked for me....sometimes. Wish I could just scroll with the mouse.

Using the arrow keys works only after you've clicked a tile or the black space at the edge of the map. It definitely is a bit of a pain. Also you can't zoom out nearly far enough / there is no minimap function. The solution to the latter (well, kinda solution) is to use the "Scale map" feature but make sure not to click accept and then save new map (even if it's the same scale) as it will erase your rivers.

Top Bottom