Would You EatThis: The Kiwiburger?

Zardnaar

Deity
So off camping soon and we went to one of our favorites for dinner and I ordered this.

IMG_20230117_174433.jpg

IMG_20230117_174721.jpg

Kiwiburgers usually have beetroot and egg in them. This one is essentially a cheeseburger in a brioche bun with egg, bacon and beetroot I'm it. I got them to hold the beetroot. Chips came with aioli I think and had skins on them.

Pretty damn good burger anyway.

:ack:

Beets are not food. :shake:

After reading kiwiburger I was thinking in some kind of fruit burger.

In any case, yes, I would eat this burger.
In fact I allready tasted two burgers in New Zealand, first one in Auckland, nothing to write home about. However, it was my first contact ever with Kumara Fries (AKA Sweet potatoes), big fan of them.
Second one, was a deer burger in Queenstown, very strong taste, really good one.

I thought you were going to post about eating the Kiwi bird in a burger haha.

I'd swap the beetroot back in instead the egg.

An Australian burger with the lot from a typical takeaway place (eg fish and chip shops, rotisserie chicken places) will be bacon, egg, beetroot and pineapple along with the standard lettuce tomato onion cheese. That's the usual fare at pubs for a burger with the lot as well.

I'm a big fan, the beef should be thin and nicely browned, the onion and pineapple well fried, the egg yolk runny, the whole thing topped with a little barbecue sauce.

Brioche as a burger bun doesn't do it for me though. Too structurally unsound and the insides of the burger are already sweet enough. Give me some low-key bun that's wide, sturdy and fairly flat, to compensate for the height of the contents.

Last edited:
After reading kiwiburger I was thinking in some kind of fruit burger.

In any case, yes, I would eat this burger.
In fact I allready tasted two burgers in New Zealand, first one in Auckland, nothing to write home about. However, it was my first contact ever with Kumara Fries (AKA Sweet potatoes), big fan of them.
Second one, was a deer burger in Queenstown, very strong taste, really good one.

Fergburger in Queenstown? Kumara fries rock local place here does kumara skins.

An Australian burger with the lot from a typical takeaway place (eg fish and chip shops, rotisserie chicken places) will be bacon, egg, beetroot and pineapple along with the standard lettuce tomato onion cheese. That's the usual fare at pubs for a burger with the lot as well.

I'm a big fan, the beef should be and thin and nicely browned, the onion and pineapple well fried, the egg yolk runny, the whole thing topped with a little barbecue sauce.

Brioche as a burger bun doesn't do it for me though. Too structurally unsound and the insides of the burger are already sweet enough. Give me some low-key bun that's wide, sturdy and fairly flat, to compensate for the height of the contents.

That burger here has a variety of names. Usually something like deluxe burger if it's from a fish and chip shop.

Our go to for F&C shop burger is steak and egg, chicken and bacon or something similar bto what you describe (called a buck burger vs deluxe).

I don't know, looks rather messy ^^
But generally burgers are decently tasty, unless it's a mcdonalds.
I like their quarter pounders quite a bit but not the big macs or their reg burgers

Top Bottom