• My best friend and my worst enemy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The stranger and my worst enemy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arminius

Jeff Vader
You are standing in a hospital. Before you lay three men, each afflicted with the most painful disease ever known. The disease is not contagious, only these three men have it, and you have enough antidote to save them all. Finally, one is your best friend, one is a total stranger, and the last is your worst enemy.

Who will you save?

Arminius said:
...and you have enough vaccine to save them all...

Er, you'll have to modify that. Otherwise I would save them all.

:)

Edit: Ignore the above comment. All clear now.

thetrooper said:
Er, you'll have to modify that. Otherwise I would save them all.

:)

There are larger things at work. Trust me. ;)

Of course I would save them all, unless my worst enemy killed my mum or something...

EDIT: I won't vote until someone tells me what the catch is... :p

Mise said:
Of course I would save them all, unless my worst enemy killed my mum or something...

EDIT: I won't vote until someone tells me what the catch is... :p

No catch. I'm proving something about Human nature.

It'll all be explained after the poll closes (Oct. 23), cuz I don't want people messing up the poll. Honestly, I'm trying to prove the difference between humans and other lifeforms.

Vaccine doesn't usually cure people, it's more prevention.
I'd hope to have some medicine instead. [/nitpick]

Mathilda said:
Vaccine doesn't usually cure people, it's more prevention.
I'd hope to have some medicine instead. [/nitpick]
Duly noted, and corrected.

Arminius said:
It'll all be explained after the poll closes (Oct. 23), cuz I don't want people messing up the poll. Honestly, I'm trying to prove the difference between humans and other lifeforms.
As much as it would explain if there were other life-forms on this forum, I sincerely doubt it. Do you have an external source for your control?

I would save all of them. I think the stranger and my enemy will have a vastly more positive relationship with me after I saved their lifes.

By the way, I've had a very similar conversation with Ciceronian in real life about a very similar but parallel issue. It concerns debt cancellation and extending a hand to the third world. Cicer reckons it is naive to do so because they (like the enemies whose life we would save in this scenario) have instincts to dominate just like anyone else. In helping the downcaste you set up your subjugation in times to come. Well this is cynical, selfish, computer game driven claptrap, which frames the world in the context of dominance and subjugation alone and it denies the quite natural human urge to help one another as a cohesive group. This does indeed caste the compassionate as naive - but perhaps the compassionate would rather be naive given the options.

I would save everyone. Then pull out a gun and kill my worst enemy.

(J/King, I would just save everyone)

I don't have anyone I would consider my 'enemy'. Even if I did I'd save them all.

Arminius said:
Honestly, I'm trying to prove the difference between humans and other lifeforms.

Other life forms don't have friends and enemies.

Top Bottom