Wrath of the Mongols

Darth Caesar

Might be a Wizard
This is my first attempt at a story. I will be playing as Genghis Khan of the Mongols on the Earth 18 civs map with marathon speed. I hope you enjoy the story.

The Wrath of the Mongols.
Prologue

He looked out on the plains and observed the herds of wild animals that populated his homeland since the dawn of time. He thought of uses he might have for them some time in the future but that was thought for another day, time to get to the task on hand. He turned around and yelled orders to his comrades. It was taking form, the settlement they were building to stand the test of time he knew the days of nomadic wandering were over it was time to settle down and build an empire with him at its helm. His name Temujin was not fitting for a ruler of a great power, so he changed it, he became Genghis Khan a name that would be feared for centuries.
---​
He remembered the day he set out on this quest back when he was just a leader of a couple hundred nomadic herders and hunters, when the Mongols were a just a few nomadic tribes constantly bickering and feuding amongst themselves over the land for there herds to graze on. That day he resolved to unite the tribes and conquer the world. He would stop any who got in his way. Such as Shangan a local warlord who led a large group of warriors that stole from the other tribes at will. He didn’t like the idea of unification, he knew that if the tribes were unified the power he held over them would be gone. So he vowed to stop Genghis. He assembled his army and hunted down Genghis he didn’t take long to find him but by that time the Khan had united nearly two thirds of Mongolia and had an army twice the size as Shangan’s. Undeterred Shangan ordered his army to attack and kill Genghis. Though his army thought bravely they were no match against Genghis’ superior numbers and leadership. Shangan was captured and made an example of what happens when you fight Genghis Khan. After that all of Mongolia rallied to Genghis seeking his leadership and guidance. With the Mongols under his control and his first city being constructed he set his sights beyond his borders. He assembled a group of scouts to find other groups of people to join his empire one way or another.

Chapter I
Contact and Destruction​

It was the year 3960 BC The Khan was awaiting the arrival of a leader of a group of People much like his own. Meanwhile he was thinking of what lay down the road from here, he was training warriors to lay waste to his enemies and had men studying new ways of using the hills around them to boost production. His thoughts were interrupted, by a servant announcing the foreign leader.

“He is here sire.”

“Greeting I am Qin Shi Huang leader of the eternal Chinese people” said the stranger.

“Welcome to Karakorum” Replied Genghis. “What is your business?”

“My only business is to meet the great Genghis Khan and tell him that we are a people who seek to live in peace. And seeing that I have completed that business I will depart for now.” With that the Chinese leader exited the tent they met in and prepared for the journey home.

“Tell our warriors to double there training” Said Genghis to his top general. “I want to conquer the world starting with him.”
“As you wish” he replied. The General was named Sarai and was an old friend of Genghis’ who had served under him for many years as his right hand man and next in line for the position of chief. When the unification of the tribes came Genghis gave him the new title of General to reflect the change into a Civilization with an organized army.

As he walked out of the tent Genghis spoke to his self saying “You may want to live in peace but I will not allow you that luxury. Let’s see how you like 2,000 Mongolian warriors marching through your land.”

This caused a smile to form across his mouth. He then walked outside and looked in the distance at the training grounds for his warriors. The Mongols were a fierce people who were naturally adept at combat. The Chinese didn’t stand a chance against the power and ferocity of 2,000 Mongol warriors!
---​
It was many years later when the army was finally ready. But now after all that preparation they were ready to march on the Chinese’s lone city Genghis looked back at his warriors, he saw the eagerness in there eyes, eagerness developed after years of hard training preparing them for this moment in a few moments they were going to reach Qin Shi Huang’s capitol Beijing capture it and kill the Chinese Emperor. Genghis was excited about the upcoming battle for he knew victory was assured, scouts reported they were only a few hundred Chinese Warriors in the city. But Genghis knew they would put up a fight for they were fighting for there homes, loved ones, way of life and land, they would incur many losses amongst the Mongolians.
General Sarai walked up beside Genghis and said. “The army is quite a sight isn’t it?”
“Yes it is” replied Genghis.
“I know this might be a difficult subject but how many men do you think we are going to lose?”
“A difficult subject? Everyman here including you and I knows the risk and is willing to take it for the Glory of Mongolia. As for the answer to your question it is hard to say, it could be anywhere to a couple of dozen to as much as three quarters of our force.”
“Yes, unfortunately life is that unpredictable” said the General.
A few moments later they came to the top of a hill and spotted the Chinese city.
“There it is Sarai. Beijing, it will soon be ours” Said Genghis. “Tell the troops to assemble.”
“Yes sir.”
It was just a few moments until the Mongol army assembled into a long line ten warriors deep and two hundred wide.
Genghis looked back at them. They were each armed with a long slender carved club which they had all grown proficient in its use.
“Are you ready for war?” yelled Genghis
This was met by a long united shout from all 2,000 warriors.
Genghis pointed down to the Chinese city and said, “Down there lies our prize and the first step to Mongolian domination of the world.”
This was met by another long united shout.
“We will go down and fight like the vicious dogs we are until there are none left who oppose the unstoppable force of the Mongols!”
Then Genghis uttered a word that spelled doom for the Chinese, Charge.
With that the army charged the enemy city yelling with Genghis at there lead. They soon met the warriors inside the city. Genghis swung his slender club at a warrior who blocked with his club but then he quickly thrust the flat end of the club into the Chinese warrior’s abdomen which threw him off balance and gave Genghis a chance to deliver the killing blow to the head. He kept on fighting and a Chinese warrior would meet his end with almost every swing of the Great rulers club.
The Mongols fought there way to the center of the city and regrouped.
Genghis told his lieutenants to have the men under there command to hunt down the remaining Chinese in the city while Genghis went to go to the palace of the Chinese Emperor himself. It was not far from the city center and took Genghis a short time to reach. As he stood outside he mentally prepped himself for one on one mortal combat. He walked in and saw Qin Shi Huang leaning over a wooden desk. “So I guess you don’t want peace?” he said sarcastically. “No, I want the world” Said Genghis. “So be it” said Qin and then he swung around with a club very similar to the ones the Mongols used. Genghis ran toward him and struck at his head with his club, Qin bent down while blocking and pulled a stone knife out of his robe and lunged up in order to thrust at Genghis’ thigh, but Genghis saw this coming and dodged the thrust which threw Qin Shi Huang off balance. Seizing the opportunity he pulled out his own knife and plunged it into the Chinese emperor’s heart. He crumbled to the ground with a thud. After that Genghis walked back to the city center where his army was gathering. Though he had lost nearly half his troops he knew they had won. The city was theirs. The Chinese there army massacred and emperor dead had no choice but to submit to the Mongols. In the end they were all better off in only a couple of decades Beijing was as Mongolian as Karakorum itself and contributing greatly to the empire as it would for many centuries after the Chinese War.

Replies are appreciated. And for those who may want to know I am playing on prince.

Good story so far, I'm going to be following this :goodjob:

Could you upload a few screens with each chapter though, so we can see the glory of the Mongol empire?

Reading the stories in this forum has reminded me how much fun earth maps are, I think I might start one as Mongolia tonight. I don't have time to write a story though.

Chapter II
Discoveries​
A couple of decades after the Chinese War the Mongols made a Technological breakthrough. They had discovered how to extract stone and metals from hills using openings in the ground which led into long and deep shafts where workers hacked at the rock with picks. This process was called mining and greatly boosted production in the empires two cities. Genghis, at the suggestion of his scientific advisors instructed the empires thinkers of how to expand this into other areas. They came back a few years later with a process called quarrying, in which open pits were made and marble and stone were extracted from the earth by cutting and drilling. These discoveries proved to be fruitful for the Mongolians and spurred Genghis to order the founding of a city near some marble for extraction. He then told his researchers to work on how to utilize the animals around them in ways that would be productive for the empire. This would soon lead into a revolutionary new discovery that would change Mongol life forever.
---​
While these discoveries were being made the scouts that Genghis sent out, found another group of people. There leader went to Karakorum to meet Genghis. “Welcome to Karakorum” Khan greeted the stranger “My name is Khan, Genghis Khan. And as you probably know I lead the Mongol people.”
“Thank you for your greeting I am Catherine the Great from Russia.” Said the stranger “I come seeking peace for now I am sure you agree with me.”
“Yes I desire peace for now. Now have a safe journey home Catherine of Russia.”
“Thank You Great Khan. I will depart for now.” She then exited the tent and went back to her royal entourage.
“That is one to keep and eye on I sense she is untrustworthy” Said Genghis to his advisors. “Bring me the leader of the scouting party that found them.” “Right away majesty” Said a servant who upon Genghis’ command left but then came back shortly with a man following behind him. “I congratulate you on your discovery good scout. What is your name?”
“Turfan sire.”
“Well Turfan for this and the other discoveries you and your team have made I will award you by naming a city in your honor.”
“Thank you sire” said the scout obviously shocked at the Khan’s decision.
“You may go now and discover more. But keep you eyes peeled. There are many dangers out there which is something I’m sure you know.”
“Yes sire.”
---​
Turfan was thinking of his encounter with Genghis a month later while he and his scout party were exploring the frigid regions north of Karakorum. He thought of previous encounters he had had with wild animals and bad weather, a scout’s job was dangerous but he loved it regardless, the thrill of going places where no Mongolian has ever gone, of lighting the way for future generations, meeting new groups of people, it was what he had always wanted to do.
They then walked into a small passage between to large rack formations. “We should set up camp here” Turfan yelled to his comrades. “Kilseb where do you think we are?”
Kilseb, who was tall and thin, was the navigator for the scouting party. Looking at the setting sun he said “I estimate a couple of hundred miles northwest of Karakorum. No one has been this far west before.”
“That’s pretty exciting” said Turfan’s second in-command, A burly man named Bat who was a former warrior who served in the Chinese War after that he retired to Karakorum but that was to tame for him and he soon signed up to be a scout.
“Yes it is” responded the last member of the team, a young man who was fairly new to the team named Istuk.
“I’m going to go find some water” said Turfan.
As he set off he climbed on top of one of the large rock formations and looked out on the frigid landscape, there was not much of value here he thought. While he was up on the rock he spotted a small pool of water, he made his way down to it and then drunk the last of the water in his canteen and then plunged it into the water to refill it. While he was waiting he looked around at the forest that populated the barren landscape. As his canteen finished filling up he withdrew it from the water and put the cork back in. He began to walk back towards camp when he saw something that caught his eye it looked like a couple of dim lights that pierced the growing darkness; he looked again but didn’t see anything. “Must have been my imagination” he said to himself. He then heard a low growling behind he spun around quickly and saw a pack of wolves numbering about fifteen. They were closing in on him. “I’ve got to get to camp” he thought.
He then bolted back in the direction he came from. He franticly climbed back up on the rock and yelled to his comrades “Wolves, there are wolves behind me!”
They then all went to retrieve there small stone axes and then stood ready to fight, the pack of twenty or so wolves surrounded them using the large rocks on either side to there advantage.,
“We’re in trouble” said Bat.
“Stand in a circle” ordered Turfan.
In front of them there was a wolf pacing back and forth while snarling, “He’s the pack leader” Thought Turfan to himself.
The wolf pack charged forward. At the scouts, when the first wolf was in range Turfan thrust his axe down on its head. Turfan then withdrew his axe saw another wolf charging at him but it was too late, the wolf pounced on him and forced him to the ground. Turfan dropped his axe and used both his hands to keep the wolves hungry jaws from biting down of him.
Bat, his combat training serving him well was able to keep the wolves at bay. He ran over to Turfan and killed the wolf that was on top of them they then stood back to back hacking at any wolf that attacked Kilseb joined them and before long they killed enough of the wolves to convince them that they were not worth it, they fled back from where they came.
“Well that was close” Said Turfan. They heard groaning and behind them they saw Istuk lying on the ground, mortally wounded.
“Oh no” Said Turfan as he raced over to Istuk’s body.
“Sorry” Was all Istuk could manage before he slipped away. His comrades buried him where he died and said a few words on his behalf then they moved on. A few days later they reached hilly terrain. And then they saw something amazing, Humans.
---​
Genghis prepared to greet yet another stranger. The humans were a group of warriors from a faraway land called Persia led by a man named Cyrus “the Great”.
As a stranger walked into the tent where Genghis always greeted other leaders Genghis gave welcomed him saying.
“Welcome to Mongolia most honored Cyrus.”
“Thank you Genghis Khan the People of Persia greet you.”
“Where is Persia esteemed Cyrus?"
“From a land far Southwest of here.”
“Well have a safe journey home Cyrus.”
“Thank you Genghis Khan.” And then he left, after that the Mongols met others Asoka of a place south of Mongolia name India. Louis of France a place far to the west and Hatshepsut of Egypt west of Persia. The Mongols learned to build fences to contain the sheep and horses of Mongolia. The Khan directed them to learn the secrets of riding on horses using saddles, a discovery that brought doom to many people.

Keep going, this is getting good!

This looks pretty good. My only gripe is the lack of paragraphing turning the good-read into a solid block of text.

Chapter III
Consolidation​
Genghis and General Sarai stood on the hilly plains outside Karakorum. They were watching a demonstration of the fruits of the labor of the researchers who Genghis put to work learning Horseback Riding, they did there work well. They watched the rider maneuver around obstacles on the test course and then thrust a long spear into a straw dummy.

“Most impressive” said General Sarai “Many men will cower at such a power as this.”

“Thank you General” said the leader of the research team. “But if we want to train the horses and the men in large numbers we will have to construct places for the Horses within the cities of Mongolia as well as places for the men to stay and training grounds for them to learn how to fight effectively.”

“Then it will be done” Said Genghis. “Soon the world will here the hoof beats of a thousand Mongolian horsemen, closing in to seal there doom.
---​
Genghis stood from the second floor balcony of his palace. Gone were the tents of his ancestors; the Mongols were now building dwellings out of stone and marble. He looked at the walls of the city. They were patrolled by soldiers who were equipped with a weapon called the Bow and Arrow, the weapon was brought to the Mongols by a tribe residing in the frigid northern tundra who Turfan’s group had met. He then looked at the walls themselves, they were twenty feet high and in some places ten feet thick, they would hold any invaders back. He then had an idea. He turned to one of his servants and commanded him to gather the council. A half hour later the Genghis sat at the head of the large table council table.

“Now I am sure you are wondering why I have called this meeting.” Said Genghis to his somewhat puzzled advisors “You see today I looked at the wall surrounding our city and thought of how it protects us and our people from the aggressive hordes of nomadic people that lived like we did not so long ago, people we have come to addressing as barbarians. But what about the people working our pastures and the land, what is protecting them from the dangers posed by these barbarians? That is why I propose that we build a wall around all of the lands that we control thus blocking out the barbarians and protecting us from foreign invasion.”

“Sire a project of this magnitude would take years and many resources to complete not to mention the manpower required” said his domestic advisor.

“I am well aware of the cost but I believe the long term benefit will outweigh the cost, we will be able to consolidate our armies without worrying about invasion from the barbarian hordes. Now are you all with me?” He asked his advisors.

A flurry of yes sires answered the question.

“Good. Now onto the next reason for this meeting, we must find a way to boost the food production of the land. If we are to grow into a large and mighty empire we will need to do more than just take what the land gives us, we will need a system of increasing the productivity of the surrounding plains. We must find an efficient way of producing food in large quantities. That is why I have tasked our researchers with discovering new ways of getting food. I am sure you all agree with me that this is something we should have looked into long ago.”

Another flurry of yes sires met the proposal of The Khan.

“Good. Council dismissed.”
---​
Upon the completion of the training facilities for the horsemen, dubbed Gers, Mongolian horsemen were trained at alarming speed very soon the Mongols had a horde of horsemen numbering ten-thousand strong. Genghis then directed them to attack the first target he had selected, Asoka of India.
With war impending more people were discovered by Turfan’s scouting party, they found the Germans led by Frederick who were very close to France, they met the Arabians, who were led by a man named Saladin who followed a new religion called Hinduism, Arabia was located just west of Persia. They Discovered the Romans led by Julius Caesar Lastly they met Tokugawa of the Japanese; he was a isolated man who ruled an island nation just east of Mongol lands. Genghis was surprised at how many people decided to leave there wandering ways and settle down, this was going to take longer than he anticipated. But still he knew he would destroy them all one day, he knew.

Oh, the irony of Mongols building the Great Wall would be sweet. I assume we'll have detailed accounts of epic battles against India?

Chapter IV: Part I
The Horde
It was many weeks before the Mongolian Horde reached the border of Indian lands. Upon arrival they rode a couple of hundred miles in and then decided to set up camp and await any words from the Indians in response to this act of war, they didn’t wait long.

“What is this?” Asked the leader of the group.

Genghis, who had walked out of his tent to meet them, said “We are going to acquire India in order to expand our empire.”

“Not if our army has anything to say about it. Turn back now or face immediate destruction.”

This was met by laughs from the whole camp, not believing that the Indians had anything that could face the might of the Mongolian horde.

“So be it” said the leader of the envoy.

He then directed his party to leave when Mongolian arrows started raining down on him and his companions.

Genghis then walked over to the bodies and said to his men “These are but the first of many Indian casualties in this war. Tomorrow the blood of many Indian warriors will be spilled by the invincible MONGOLIAN HORDE!”

This got the riders in the camp shouting in excitement at the coming battle, a battle that would cement the Mongols military prowess in the world.
---​
At the break of dawn the Horde set out for Bombay, the nearest Indian city whose garrison consisted of only a few brigades of archers and warriors that could be beaten easily by the Horde. It was a mere three hours before they arrived.

The Horde stood on a hill overlooking the city.
Genghis rode to the front faced his men and said “All riders follow me to victory.”

The sounds of ten-thousand horses hooves thundered as the Mongolian Horde charged the city with Genghis and General Sarai at its head.

Arrows from the archers inside the city hissed threw the air and hit several of the Mongolian Riders whose limp bodies fell off there horses saddles. Another round of arrows was shot but before the archers could fire any more they were overran by overwhelming numbers any who stayed to try and fire another arrow were impaled by the long spears of The Horde.

Genghis was riding through the streets chasing the fleeing Indian warriors. While he was leading the men in the frontal assault General Sarai was leading a pincer movement to trap the garrison of the city.

Genghis stabbed a warrior in the back and then he saw ahead that the Indians were regrouping in the city center. The remaining archers stood in a circle with a few hundred warriors forming a ring around them. They had made a few hundred long thick spears for use against the Mongols which they apparently laid around the courtyard in the city center, “They must have planned to retreat here and make there last stand” thought Genghis. He then ordered his men to attack the Indians in the courtyard.

And with that the Mongolian Horsemen threw themselves at the Indian formation. Genghis saw that the Spear wielding Indians were holding firm and the archers were raining arrows down on The Horde. But then he saw an opportunity he rode his horse towards the battle, when he was within range he spurred his horse to jump. Landing within the enemy ranks this caused a breach in the wall of warriors to form, something that the Mongolian riders took full advantage of, within minutes the Mongols had routed the Indian forces in Bombay.

Genghis got off his horse, walked over to General Sarai and said “Good work out there General. We showed the power of the Mongol Horde. News of this victory will travel fast, not just throughout India and Mongolia but through Persia, Arabia, Europe and other parts of the world unknown. The Grand Mongolian Horde will become a legendary force, ready to destroy any who oppose us.”

“I agree Genghis” replied Sarai “But what of the town?”

“Burn it.”

“Yes sir. Prepare torches!”

The Mongol soldiers lit torches and threw them into the various houses and structures. The flames spread and before long the entire town was an inferno, the noise of raging fires and the screams of its citizens filling the air. The inhabitants would not take the destruction of there city standing down they formed a few small brigades of warrior and marched to Delhi the capitol of the Indian Empire, though over half died along the way there was still enough of them to reinforce there capitol against the Mongols.

Meanwhile Genghis decided that he would set up camp to let the wounded heal while he sent out half of the remaining force to attack a small fishing village south of Bombay called Vijayanagarna.

While they attacked Genghis and General Sarai worked with the commanders of the Horde to work out a way to attack the walled city of Delhi.
---​
While Genghis was away leading the Mongolian Horde, researchers discovered how to work Bronze. This discovery allowed the construction of Axes that were capable of chopping down forest in addition to being implemented in combat along with bronze spears and for a select few officers including Genghis himself, swords. Genghis also decided to implement a system of slavery, this caused a revolt. Despite pleas from the governors Genghis had put in charge of taking care of the domestic side of the empire while he led his troops in battle he thought it best to stay and plan the attack on Delhi, which the answer to was found in the discovery of Bronze Working.

After Genghis got this news he assembled the commanders of the army and began the strategy session by saying “Now I know we have all been trying to think of how to take Delhi, its walls while not as impressive as Karakorum’s are still an obstacle in the way of our army. That is why I propose that we build a tall ramp which our new infantry equipped with axes and spears can use to gain access to the inside of the city. There they will open the gates in the walls to let our riders enter and take the city.”
One of the infantry commanders, Colonel Sukh, who was the quartermaster of the army and a friend of Genghis’ before being promoted, spoke up saying “This is a daring strategy Great Khan. Many Infantry will die and we might not be able to get past the ramp, they might be too many Indian Soldiers for this to succeed.”

After that General Shaak the leader of a large group of horsemen said “Me and my men could create a distraction on the far side of the wall, drawing away troops from the target area increasing there chances of success.”

“Good idea” said General Sarai. “If it pleases the Khan I will lead the main cavalry attack.”

“It does Sarai; the men will need a good officer leading them because I cannot.”

“Why can’t you?”

“I will lead the infantry up the ramp and into the city. I know this is dangerous but it will inspire the men to see there leader fighting along side them. Captain Sarga you will oversee the construction of the ramps. You have any resources that you need to build it at your disposal.”

Captain Sarga was a young man who had risen to lead the engineering corps of the Mongolian army due to his aptitude for construction. “Yes Great Khan” he said.

“Good. Most of our wounded have healed and I just got word that Vijayanagarna has been burned to the ground by our men. I have instructed them to meet us at a rendezvous point one hundred miles outside of Delhi. We will march there then march to Delhi and set up camp outside its walls. Get your men ready to march, Dismissed!”

Great update!

Almost five hundred views and only three people have commented. I need feedback!!!

Chapter IV: Part II
The Battle of Delhi

Within a week the mighty Mongol army had met up with the horsemen from Vijayanagarna and arrived at Delhi. They then proceeded to set up camp.

Captain Sarga and the engineer corps went off to design and gather the supplies for the ramp that was crucial for the attack. A week later it was completed. Now Genghis had all he needed to make the final attack on Delhi.

When night fell Genghis invited every officer who would play a major roll in the upcoming battle, excluding Captain Sarga who was too busy perfecting the design of the ramp to attend, came to Genghis’ tent for a last minute strategy session in which he planned to work out the particulars of tomorrows battle plan.

He started by saying “Welcome my good officers. Tonight we will go over our strategy for taking Delhi from beginning to end. As you can see on the table in front of us I have laid out a map of Delhi with figures representing our troops in there current positions which you will move to show the movement of troops under your command. Now General Shaak will you please start us off.”

“Yes Great Khan. The attack will start with a distraction from my horsemen. They will be armed with bow and arrows and throwing spears.” He then looked at the map and moved the figures representing his horsemen. “As you know the main attack force will hit the wall south of Delhi I will direct my men to attack the north wall diverting troops away from the main attack, most notably the infantry, increasing there chances of success, now when I think the enemy has been sufficiently diverted I will blow my war horn in three long segments, on my signal attack.”

Genghis then continued saying “While General Shaak diverts the enemy, our infantry and the bulk of horsemen will be out of sight. The horsemen will hide here” said Genghis pointing to a portion of the map “Behind this hill, while the infantry and the ramp will be hidden behind these cliffs.

Colonel Sukh then spoke “When my infantry receives the signal we will have a team of oxen pull the ramp to the enemy wall while shield bearers protect our men, when we reach our target my men will climb up fight our way to the main gate and open it for the horsemen to come in and take the city.”

General Sarai now spoke giving the details of his part “When the me and my horsemen hear the signal we will ride to the top of the hill and wait for the gates to be opened, when they are open we will charge into the city ready to take it.”

Genghis responded by saying “Good we must all be in position at high noon, for that is when General Shaak will begin the distraction. General Sarai, be sure to have someone with my horse and spear riding with your men. I want to ride to the palace of Asoka and kill him myself. Now is the plan clear to you all?”

“Yes sir” responded the officers.

“Good, get your men in position as soon as possible.”
---​
When morning came the next day every component of the Mongolian Army was in place eagerly awaiting high noon and the signal from General Shaak.

The Indians were puzzled at the apparent abandonment of the Mongol camp, naturally they suspected a trick.

The Indian ruler called the head of the Indian military to his palace for orders.

“Now it appears the Mongols are gone doesn’t it” said Asoka. “But I as well as everyone in Delhi knows that it’s a trick. Even with the recruit from Vijayanagarna we do not have enough soldiers to hold them back. That is why I am making it your job to get every able bodied man from the ages of eighteen to forty in Delhi equipped to fight.”

“But sir that is thousands of men! I don’t even think we have enough supplies to equip that many soldiers.”

“Give them poles to fight with if it’s necessary, we are being invaded, it’s better that they go out fighting than sitting at home. Understand?”

“Yes sire.”

“Good now go do it; we don’t have much time the Mongols could hatch there plan within hours.”

---​

“Shouldn’t be long now” said Shaak to his next in command, a older Captain from Beijing. “It’s but a few minutes to high noon.”

“Yes General” responded the Captain. “But what if the enemy doesn’t take the bait?”

“Then we will have to have faith in the infantry’s ability to open the gates even with heavy enemy resistance.”

“Yes we will. Look” said the Captain pointing at the position of the sun “High noon.”

“Get the men ready.”

“Yes sir.”

Mere moments later the large group of horsemen were ready to charge the city, General Shaak turned to them on his horse and said “Alright men we need to attack the Indians on this side of the wall in order to distract them from the main attack, we do not need to get in the city just kill enough of the defenders to get there attention, that is why we are equipped with bows and arrows and throwing spears. Now I know you are all experienced using these weapons on horseback so we don’t need to worry about not hitting them, now on my signal, CHARGE!”

And with that word the horsemen rode out of the forest they were hiding in. They descended on the city firing there bows and arrows and throwing there spears. General Shaak threw his spear and watched it hit an Indian warrior square in the chest, he fell forwards his body landing outside the walls of Delhi.

Already the Indians were calling reinforcements; soldiers from the surrounding sections of the wall were rushing to fight off the Mongolian attack.

“It’s working” thought General Shaak to himself.

Twenty minutes later the Indians had brought many warriors to the southern wall. Still there were still many remaining around the other portions of wall in order to defend against the inevitable second phase of the Mongolian attack.

It was then that General Shaak blew into his war horn to give the signal to the Mongolian army.

“It’s up to you now” he said softly to himself.
---​
“Hear that men” said Genghis when he heard the signal. “Okay lets get moving shield bearers get in position, get those oxen moving, prepare for battle, Colonel Sukh you’ll take point on the ramp behind the spearmen.”

“Yes sir” he faithfully responded.

Within minutes the team of oxen had pulled the ramp out from behind the cliff and was now going towards the city. The Indians, no doubt surprised raised the alarm which sent men rushing to the north wall. Though there were few archers on the wall there were still enough to inflict losses on the Mongolian infantry. But it was not enough to stop the Mongols because in a very short time the ramp had reached the wall. The first to go up were a line of spearmen with there shields in front of them to protect the rest of the troops.

As they stepped off the ramp and on to the wall followed by Colonel Sukh the Indians had rallied many soldiers, some equipped with only poles crudely sharpened into spears, to the defense of the north wall.
---​
When General Sarai heard the signal he told his riders “Do you hear that? We must get into position.”

It took a few minutes for all eighty-five hundred horsemen to mount the flat topped hill. While his riders rode up the hill General Sarai watched his comrades push the ramp and mount the wall. Even with the distraction they were still meeting heavy resistance, and more enemy warriors were arriving.

“This may not work” said General Sarai to himself.
---​
Genghis was fighting his way to the stairwell down to the gates of the city; he was flanked by Colonel Sukh and a few axmen. Mongolian troops were pouring onto the wall in great numbers. Still they were not getting far, till now. Genghis swung his bronze sword, killing and Indian archer. He was only ten feet from the stairwell when an arrow struck him in his right arm. He looked and saw the firer, an archer on the street bellow. He picked up a spear and threw it at the archer. It hit its mark and killed him.

Genghis was now at the stairwell. “You go down first” he said pointing to an axeman, “Followed by me.”

“Great Khan you are wounded” objected Colonel Sukh.

“That will not stop me from leading our troops. And you follow me Colonel.”

“Yes sir.”

The axman in front of Genghis cleared the stairway of enemies and reached the street in a heartbeat. Genghis and his men then proceeded to secure the area in order to open the gates. He ran towards the gate swinging his sword at the guards. One of them defended with there shield and tried to stab at Genghis’ thigh with there spear. Genghis was able to get out of the way even thought the spear grazed his leg. Regardless he swung his sword out throwing the Indian spearman off balance allowing Genghis to kill him. He defeated two more while Colonel Sukh killed the last guard securing the gate.

While Mongolian troops rushed to open the gates Genghis was fighting off the soldiers who were trying to repel the Mongolians. The gate slowly crept open readying for the horde of Mongolian horsemen about to go through.
---​
As soon as General Sarai saw the gate start to open he turned to his men and said “The gate is opening as we speak, get ready, on my signal, Unleash Hell!”

He then turned back towards the city waiting for it to be open enough for them to start charging. Soon enough it was half open and would be fully open when they reached it.

He turned back to his men and yelled “The gate is open now we must charge!”

The Horde rode down the hill at full gallop. As the gates fully opened The Horde narrowed its width in order to fit through the gates of the city. As General Sarai led the riders in the Indians soon retreated farther into the city. As the cavalry chased them into the city General Sarai broke off and headed back to meet up with Genghis.

As soon as he saw his favorite officer he said “General good to see you, the battle fares well does it not?”

“Genghis are you alright?” Asked Sarai seeing the arrow in his arm and the cut on his thigh.

“I am fine General a little arrow can’t stop me. Now where is my horse?”

“I have the rider with your horse bringing up the rear so he will not get in the way of the other riders, oh here he is now.”

The rider bringing Genghis’ horse rode up to them and said “Here is your horse Great Khan.”

“Thank you” said Genghis while mounting his horse. “Now General we have an Emperor to visit.”
---​
Colonel Sukh was leading his troops through the streets of Delhi. There mission was to secure the northern gate to let General Shaak’s riders in.

The Indians had reorganized and were putting up heavy resistance. While they could not completely stop the Mongolian army that was pouring into the city, they were slowing them down significantly.

Colonel Sukh swung his sword at an Indian spearman, killing him. He knew they weren’t going to get to the northern gate any time soon at this pace there just were to many Indian’s.

And then the enemy soldiers retreated, Colonel Sukh and his men were about to pursue when enemy archers appeared in the windows of the surrounding buildings. Before they could react arrows started raining down on the infantry. Colonel Sukh ordered his men to take cover along the walls of the building with the shield wielding spearmen in front of them for protection. While his men were assuming this defensive position Colonel Sukh looked around for a door into the building above him. He found it and ran toward it ordering a few of his men to follow him. He had to muscle through in a few places because most of the infantry had there backs pressed against the wall.

When he and his men reached the door he tried to open it but found that it was locked. He ordered the soldiers behind him to move forward to give him some space. He then proceeded to kick trying to break it down, when this failed he shoved his whole body against it, it then collapsed open allowing him to go inside. He saw two Indian warriors on the first floor obviously defending the archers on the top floor. Colonel Sukh dispatched them both easily then rushed upstairs with a few axmen following close behind. He saw a dozen archers on the second floor. He ran toward the closest one, who was about to fire, but Sukh grabbed him and pulled him away from the window making him fire at one of his comrades. Colonel Sukh then threw him backwards letting his comrades make the killing blow. He than ran to the next archer killing him with his sword. An archer then whipped out a long knife that was standard among archers and tried to stab Sukh. Being the good soldier he was Sukh grabbed the archer by the wrist and twisted his arm back towards him piercing his stomach. One of Sukh’s second-in command, Captain Shia, threw an archer out the window and swung his axe at two more killing them. Two more of his comrades each killed an archer leaving three. Colonel Sukh sensed one of the Indians behind him, he quickly changed his grip of his sword and thrust it backyards hitting the Indian archer. The next archer was a burly man, he approached Sukh with his knife drawn, Sukh swung his sword at him but the Indian dodged with his arm and swung his knife diagonally at the top of Sukh’s head, Sukh moved his head out of the path of the knife which caused the knife to not hit his cranium but cut his left eye. He screamed in pain and thrust his sword in front of him while falling to the ground, killing the Indian archer. The last enemy archer surrendered. The axman who killed the two Indians rushed to his commander’s side after seeing his wounds. He called for a medic to get the wounded Colonel out of there. Moments later he was on a stretcher headed out of the city to the medic tent in the Mongolian camp.

Meanwhile his comrades were picking up the bow and arrows dropped by the Indians and were using them to shoot the enemy archers in the adjoining building.

No longer pinned down the infantry, now led by Captain Shia, marched on to the north gate, they captured it with ease as most of the opposing Indians had fled into the city to try to make there last stand.

Upon the gates opening the fifteen-hundred horsemen under the Command of General Shaak flooded into the city, catching the Indians between two walls of Mongolian cavalry, riding in to seal there doom.
---​
Genghis and Sarai were riding fast through the streets of Delhi on there way to Asoka’s palace. They met the occasional Indian straggler who was impaled by the spear of either Genghis or General Sarai, they then bore down on the Indians emperor’s palace eager to put an end to his reign.

They arrived at the gates to the courtyard which Genghis’ horse kicked in allowing the Mongolian Ruler and General inside.
---​
Asoka meanwhile was in an emergency meeting of his council. Unaware of the fact that Genghis and General Sarai were just outside they were in a frenzy over how to save there empire and lives.

“We should surrender now” said one of Asoka’s advisors “It is the only way to survive.”

A less hopeful advisor said “They have there entire army inside our city, they won’t accept surrender now, not when they have us against a wall ready to finish us off. There just going to kill us all and take our city.”

A third advisor was about to chime in when suddenly the doors to the meeting room burst open. Standing in the doorway was none other than The Khan himself on horseback with spear in hand.

Asoka’s guards were about to attack Genghis when instead of the spear Genghis defended with words saying “Back down and I spare your lives.”

Unheroicly the Indian guards set down there weapons and stepped back giving The Khan free access to the Indian emperor. Genghis spurred his horse to jump up on the council table and ride to the opposite side where Asoka was. He quickly tried to turn in run but Genghis was upon him in a heartbeat. Genghis then thrust his spear into the heart of the Indian ruler, killing him in front of his council.

Genghis then stood at Asoka’s side of the table and said “Your emperor is dead, I now rule this land bow to me and I will spare you.”

As soon as these words were uttered every council member bowed to there new Ruler.

“General Sarai, we rule India.”

Enjoy.

And something new I thought I'd try.
Spoiler :

Behind the Scenes
Colonel Sukh's wound was inspired by a similar wound delivered by an archer to one of the main characters in Princes of the Univers by Sistuil.

The last minute strategy sesion between Genghis and his officers was originaly going to be a card game. The reason I did not continue along that storyline was because I could not come up with casual conversation between Genghis and his best officers.

This chapter was going to orignally be one part but was seperated for reading convience and time.

In the game there was not any infantry with my army, they were added for the ramp attack.

Top Bottom