Ww1

The only one that I can think of is Historyline 1914-1918... But it is quite old.. Made by the same people that made the Battle Isle series (if u remember;) )

Originally posted by Pellaken
weimar wants me to bump this thread...

anyone else have WW1 games?
So, that other part of your personality wants you to bump this ancient thread? :)

Nope, don't know any but you can always try a good Civ2 scenario. ;)

Didn't Command HQ have a WWI scenario in it?

Probably not what you are looking for, but it came to mind.

You might want to check out Talonsoft's "The Operational Art of War (A Century of War)" if you can still find it. It's a great military simulation game chock full of many cool scenarios covering warfare in the 20th Century. There is one decent WW1 scenario included in the game and an editor that will allow you to make your own WW1 scenarios.

It's a shame that there isn't many strategy games out there covering WW1. WW2 is my passion but if someone did a decent WW1 game I'd definately play!!!

Look, I'm a fanatic of 1860-1914 military history, particularly at the operational (e.g. corps) level, and civ3 could easily be adapted for this purpose. So while I am a lousy fool when it comes to mods and anything technical, I count among my little library treasures an accurate 1916 atlas of the major frontline areas of Europe which includes all the roads, fortresses, etc.. So I would be happy to help build a map for a scenario, and contribute some ideas, but I would definitely need a few collaborators to pull it off...

R.III

I too am fascinated by that time period, if only there was a game that simulated it with no dice luck and simultaneous moves... oh yea! - Diplomacy! ;)

Seriously, I would offer my help in any collaborative efort to produce a fun playable and interesting Great War boardgame. (something in an 'axis & allies' sort of way, but allowing the alliances to be freely fomed among Great Powers rather than strictly following historical form). There could even be an 'advanced' game (scenario) which takes place not in 1914 but at the end of the Franco-Prussian War...

Well, okay, Magnus (hey, how's it going, btw?), maybe a 1870-1920 scenario called "Bismark's World" is in order. But why a boardgame? I dunno, I just thought civ wouldn't be a bad platform, under the circumstances, given all of the features: factories, rail and roads, espionage, culture and nationalism (could be real fun for an Austrian player trying to stop all the flips!)

R.III

That's my scenario: And it runs from 1870 to 2020...

If you want it, I can get it to you... But I caution you, it is a MGE scenario...

Not from that "other" civ....

NO!! PLZ!!

back in weimar's days I tried to make a scenario that started in 1875 and went to 1933 {or was it 35?} and the final thing you built was the weimar republic which was the statue of liberty!

please dont make this scenario without me!

I'm excellent at:
making maps
cities
improvements
and thier economies

but I cant do:
military units
graphics

how about we all come togethor and make this scenario?

pellaken_kee@hotmail.com if you are interested

edit-
I want a game that is only in europe, and in civ, one thats GEOGRAPHICALLY CORRECT!!! UUURRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :aargh3: :mad: :aargh3: :mad: :aargh3: :mad: :aargh3:

look at this map of europe
http://www.civfanatics.com/images/civ2mapview/EUROPE.gif
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its squished!!!

now look at this one...
http://www.civfanatics.com/images/civ2mapview/EUROLAND.gif
its se;)y

I do belive I lost the scenario when my comp broke. but I can start over from what I remember?
c'mon! it'll be fun!

As FFox knows, I am lusting after a spot , and as my shiny new computer comes online, I might be knocking at his door to play. But, still, I am equally interested in building a new European 1870 scenario. I don't doubt that FFox's scenario does a good job within the confines of ToT, and it has the huge advantage of being MP, but frankly, Civ3 treats the industrial age with a certain sophistication that really should be used someday soon.

- Railroads - not using friendly roads or railroads will make any German invasion of France a'la Schlieffen MUCH more interesting.
- Culture - could be an interesting tool in the Balkans, Alsace-Lorraine, Ireland and the Ottoman Empire, if the game is designed properly.
- The inclusion of a rifleman unit allows for easy distinctions between, say the BEF and its counterparts in 1914, or between German reserve and line infantry units, without the need to adapt accordingly
- Blockades now serve a purpose
- The luxuries system will now properly replicates the impact of a declaration of war in the 1914 European system - e.g. economic disruption from loss of existing trades and luxuries.
- If the game starts after France is defeated in 1871, then it can be locked into a reparations agereement , accurately giving the Germans an incentive to stay quiet for awhile and giving France a hell of a challenge to deal with.
- lousy zone of control rules force you to spread your forces over a wide front on the defensive

So, let's all ponder some ideas and come back to this thread in a week or so with a big honkin' list.

PS anyone out there read "The Great War of 189-?"

Great book. There is a copy in the UVic library on the third floor...

I plan to make a scenario. I will start it tomarrow. e-mail me if you are interested.
it starts in the fall of 1873. just after the germans withdraw thier economic controal over northern france after the Franco-Prussian war.

Each nation starts out with a military, and an economey. the point, is to grow your economey as much as you can before the end of the scenario. the one with the largest economey at the end, wins.

playing nations like France, Britain, or Germany its easy. while playing nations like Austria or Italy, its hard.
playing Russia will be almost impossible
and playing the Ottoman Empire is only for those who want to loose :)

the scenario ends sometime in the 1930's depending on how many turns total is in it at the end.

if anyone wants to help with the units, you get half the credit... though I've had an offer...

I dident think there was a civ 3 editor... if so I'm changing my scenario over to Civ III

I've had this idea since the weimar days, so dont say I'm trying to steal it. I belive there are posts of it from back then. perhaps I'll bump one in the scenario creation thread.

anyways, would you like to merge these 2 ideas? with more naitons avilable then just 7, I can make many more scenarios, incluidng many from between 1400-1900 that have hit me over the years...

IF there is a civ III editor that is.

No Civ3 editor that will allow you to make a scenario.

Top Bottom