WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful for IV - Discussion & Creation Diary

Paasky- I've been playing as Italy still and I had a game 'thiking' feeze on June 1st week 1940. My yellow icon turns and turns but nothing happened after 15 min's. I tried to hit ctrl+w and no response. so I had to crtl+alt+del and exit. what do you think about that?

I think I've added too much python :( I've had some stability issues too, and especially during the summer/winter change the game can hardly be called Fast.

I'll be doing a full pthon check at some point. Until then, I'll give you guys the next alpha with corrected XML mostly. Which should be around shortly.

Paasky- This is a really good idea. I would like to see this implemented if possible i.e. AI major power (France, Britian, Russia, Germany, maybe Italy) get 25 % bonus attack to city free promotion or whatever. Is that an encodable possibility? I think that would increase AI effectiveness a little bit, but still leave a dynamic for Human player to have a fair swing.
Paasky- I just had a thought. Maybe Russia should be removed from the AI bonus list. As I've seen them play, they seem to do just fine taking over smaller countires because of vast numbers of troops.. . .just a thought. Maybe you could give it to Finland or Hungary instead of Russia.

Out of interest, do I need to add the new units graphics myself or have you not put in any new graphics for units as such?

E.g one of the tanks is just a super-inflated image of the original tank...and all the techs use the mystism placeholder art...

Ottoman: I was actually thinking of adding this for AI Ger & possibly Ita (maybe only +25% for ita?) only, as the AI France seems to be damn strong already, and GBR gets foreign reinforcements for free. Or atleast will start getting them.

The alpha4 has got all new unit graphics. And the techs are all Mysticism, I
know.

Ottoman: I was actually thinking of adding this for AI Ger & possibly Ita (maybe only +25% for ita?) only, as the AI France seems to be damn strong already, and GBR gets foreign reinforcements for free. Or atleast will start getting them.

The alpha4 has got all new unit graphics. And the techs are all Mysticism, I
know.

So is this updated paasky???? I would like to DL it if it is.

Paasky- I have been playing the other WWii mod done by Kodzi and Asioasio. I am wondering if they would allow you to borrow some of their unit models? They have a very detailed scenario with every unit model you can think of.

Yes, I think I'll be doing the 1st Beta & new thread soon. I haven't added anything, just been fixing old stuff.

I wish you haven't decided to give up. The other WWII scenarios are too slow to me, with their huge maps and tons of units - I would really enjoy playing yours, if it was a beta with proper leaderheads and technologies.

Not given up, just taking a break. We shall see when the next wave of inspiration hits my white cliffs ;)
Lazy bastard :D Almost all of your mods are not completely finished :p

looks like the Napoleonic link is working but still not the WW2 link.

Great people would be fun to have, It looks quite good I like the scripts, but that sound is abit scary :D

V-2/1 make the game crash after some turns

Top Bottom