• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

XML load error

n12m13

Chieftain
So I've had this game since it came out. I recently (a week or two ago) reformatted my computer. So I reinstalled civ4 and played some FfH2. After restarting the computer, civ gives the following error message after the initial splash screen with the different languages on it that say loading. That screen closes, and this comes up:

XML Load Error
Failed loading XML file Assets//XML\Gameinfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml

followed by another box:

XML Error
Load XML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4PlayeroptionInfos.xml.
Current XML file is:

Then the cd drive continues running for a bit and then stops.

Running xp with sp1.

Thanks.

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I installed Warlords - the same file failing to load at exactly the same stage. Very frustrating.

I've tried various of the fixes recommended for other XML problems - downloading the lastest Microsoft XML update, checking my language settings, re-installing and re-booting, etc., and it's the same story.

Can anyone help? I'd be interested to know if this is a more widespread problem than just us two.

Hi there. I have the exact same problem as you guys! I get the exact same messages. I have no idea how to deal with it either. Help!

Maybe cache still contains FfH2 files? Try to bypass the cache by holding shift during startup. You can also enable logging (http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_logging.htm) and post the init.log.

For Warlords, note that it has a separate version of the ini file in a different folder. Make sure you update the correct ini file. If you've never had run Warlords before, chances are that the ini file will not exist yet / be empty. You can still add the EnableLogging line to it.

Top Bottom