XML Load Error

Burndamage

Chieftain
First time creating a mod and I am receiving a XML error message when loading it (screen shot attached).

I've copied FFH2, renamed it and tested it - no problem so far.
Wanted only a few cilivizations to start with, so have edited most of them out.

Kept: Elohim, Sheaim, Mercurians, Ljosalfar, Amurites, Clan of Embers, Svartallar, Infernal, Barbarian and Random. Everything else has been edited out.

Checked and double checked the CIV4SpellInfos.xml file and can find no errors/mistakes. Also get the same error message for LANUN.

I think it may have something to do with the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file, as both Khazad and Lanun are mentioned there:

<Define>
<DefineName>CIVILIZATION_KHAZAD</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>CIVILIZATION_KHAZAD</DefineTextVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>CIVILIZATION_LANUN</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>CIVILIZATION_LANUN</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• XML Load Error 2 .png
    XML Load Error 2 .png
    113.9 KB · Views: 231
Thanks for the reply Tholal. Yeh edited them out, checked and double checked. Even deleted the file and started again just on the off chance I was missing something.

The strange thing is when I edit out CIVILIZATION_KHAZAD in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file I still get a error message but it does not refer to CIV4SpellInfos.xml file any more.

At work just now, I will post a screen shot of the other error message when I get home.

Again thanks.

There are mentions to CIVILIZATION_KHAZAD in the python code, specifically in their doTurn function. Maybe you missed those?

For things problems like this one, a program able to find all appearances of a given text in a folder and its subfolders is useful. I use grepWin.

OK, edited the Editied the GlobalDefinesAlt file and attached a screen shot of this.

Now when I run the mod I get a different error message, attached as Load Error 2.

I'm guessing that the B ILD_FORT refers to the area above the edit in GlobalDefinesAlt file.

Thanks for the advice Terkhen. I thought it could be a python error and edited out CIVILIZATION_KHALAD in all python files. Still got the error.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• GlobalDefinesAlt.png
    GlobalDefinesAlt.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Load Error 2.png
    Load Error 2.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 242
Tholal, deleted the edited out code but still recieved error message 1 (did a clean install of the mod), but good to know for future reference. Cheers.

Terkhen, thanks for the link, very handy. Went through them again and deleted (I made backups of the original files/mod first) the code and got a different error this time, attached as Load Error 3. Not to sure if I missed something the first time so I'm going to do it all again and check each time I delete something to see when the error message changes. Should at least tell me where the problem is.

I will post the results tomorrow.

Attachments

• Load Error 3.png
    Load Error 3.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 218
Top Bottom