XML Load Failure

Even after selecting view hidden folders, I didn't find any with those names. Oh well. I tried reloading, and got this message:
Feature Transfer Error
Feature: Default Feature
Component: Civ4Component
File: E:/data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Thanks, both vanilla and warlords successfully uninstalled and reinstalled. BTS is still giving me trouble. I deleted it, but I can't get it to reinstall.

It just opens the menu and there isn't an install option, just a play option. I just deleted the game file, I couldn't find any others. And this is new-- after I reinstalled vanilla and warlords, I successfully played a game. Then, today my computer restarted and went through an error message, saying some recently loading software messed up the system. To fix the error, it uninstalled them. :sad:

It wasn't the game itself, my computer shut down on its own. It had a problem booting up and the option to 'restore' itself appeared-- it said that it could be due to recently installed software that my computer was messed up. I had no idea this could happen! Thanks for helping me through this.

Only installing civilization. How/where do I access the event manager?

Hmm, I guess this would be it:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: NetworkDiagnosticsFrameworkV2
Vendor: Microsoft
OwnerHC: AddressAcquisition
OwnerHCVersion: 1.0
SessionStatus: 1
HRESULT: 80070079
Repair: {FD3DBBC9-877F-4b96-BB3B-0DC95D657057}
RootCauseHC: NetworkAccessProtection
RootCauseHCVersion: 1.0
RootCause: {43685C11-36A6-4c3e-A6EF-E2B5FB424A4F}
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
eventlog.etl

So no ideas haha? hmmmm, I may be "borrowing" my girlfriend's laptop for a few weekends then...

I hate to beat a dead horse, but can I get some help (re)installing bts? Now that I have free time again I'd like to go back and play it. Thanks,
Zizon

Here's more detail: I uninstalled everything then reinstalled vanilla and warlords. When I put the bts disk in to install it, it already had the option of 'play' avaliable. When I clicked play, it went through the loading screen and then only showed a black screen and didn't respond.

I deleted the files from bts manually but its still showing up in the 'programs and features' window. Everytime I try to unistall it that way it takes me to the installation window. When I click 'install', it closes and nothing happens.

Top Bottom