XML to increase font size?

Fireseal

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟
Hello,

I would like to increase the default font size so it is easier to see. Is there an XML file I can change to achieve this?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the link is dead.

I recently upgraded to Windows XP and the interface fonts changed and got slightly smaller. Am I missing some setting in-game or XML/INI that controls the font characteristics?

I am no good at finding and inserting links, but if you look for the Blue Marble graphics mod you will find that the latest version has a section for dealing with font scaling. That may be the function that earlier posts have talked about and has now become integrated into the overall graphics mod. I love the looks of the mod, but the graphic scaling has become a boon since I have this huge flat screen now. (If only I had the super CPU to drive it I would be even happier, but that is another issue and another budget.)

As stated in its discussion topic, the CivScale utility linked earlier in the topic is no longer available publicly because it modifies some core files that can mess up applying official patches. However, you can still get it by request from the author. The font-changing portion of that utility is also available in the newest Blue Marble as mentioned by eris.

1. Download Blue Marble 4.2 HERE
2. Extract the file
3. Start the Blue Marble installer
4. Click on the Texts tab at the top. Completely ignore the Graphics tab unless you want to install the Blue Marble graphics as well (not a bad idea, IMO).
5. Change font size to whatever you like then click Activate. You're done.

Dont worry about screwing anything up, since you can go back and select original text scalings to change it back.

Blue marble is a terrific addition. :D

Welcome to the Forums Vanir. :beer:

Top Bottom