[Xtended] Ideas for more Nations from other Mods

Aiblis

Chieftain
Hi,
first: Sry for bad english.

I have played many different Modmods for Fall from Heaven.
Some of these Mods have own unique Nations, which played rly nice.
My Idea is, that some of these Nations could be part of the MasterOfMana Xtended Mod, if esvath has time, or other ppl who could do this. Maybe this person should ask the original Modder from the other mods, if we are allowed to use these Nations in this mod?

Here my ideas:
From the Modmod Rise Of Erebus/Ashes of Erebus:
DTesch:
- undead diziplin units(as an evil conterpart to the Elohim)
- Cities are fallow. They need Slaves to grow(Similar to the Scion with their Awaken)
- All Units have a chance to get Slaves from defeatet alive Units
- Slaves should not by buyable from the Slaver Quarters Guild, or they should be much more expansive
- Maybe they can auto terraform their terrain to Wasteland, similar to the Aristrakh
- Their undead Units can get exp etc, but they dont have Vampires or something like that

Archos
- spawn of spiders
- all units use poison as bonus attack
- they are a nature/chaos nation, because of the spider Queen as Ruler
- as Idea: Maybe let them build inside of Forest, but they need 1 more Food per Population, because of their big Spider Population

Maogata(Modmod Nation)
This Nation is a Modul for Ashes of Erebus from a other modder
- Beast Nation of Feline Warriors
- Cant use eqipment, but they are strong and fast hunter
- Primäry Meele and Recon units
- Allow to build inside Forest and Jungle
- only little Magic(Their mage units "eat" magic, to be stronger Warriors, maybe some Units are allowed to become stronger because of some magic augmentations, but they need special Mana for special Augmentations?)

Myu Collective(modmod Nation)
This Nation is a Modul for Ashes of Erebus from a other modder
- magic dwarfs
- They use Mind Magic(charm, mind Controll)
- All Units can use magic
- T1/2 Units only T1 Magic
- Higher Units T2 Magic
- Maye + 25% Mana Costs for these non Arcane Magic caster?

Mechanos
- steampunk Nation
- Magic only as a source for Energy for their machines
- their economy relies on their factories, which use magic as Energy
- their Stronger Units are big mashines which needs ernergy
- mana only as energy for their factories and machies, not for casting spells etc, no Arcane units.

Mekara Order
- Nation of Slave Hunters
- economy relies of slaves, which are added to the cities, like big persons
- different Buildings, which makes the slaves in the Cities stronger(+1 gold per slave in the city)
- Slaves in the City produce one ill health and you can only have 1 slave per 2 Population + 4 as ground basis
- Their main militari Units are Slave Hunter as Recon Units(Bonus for capture Slaves and against meele and Recon, but dont have bonusses against animals etc) and War Sluga, which are magic transmutatet Slaves. They dont get exp, similar to luchuirp. Mekara Order has Overseers, which makes the Sluga Units stronger.
- Slaves should not by buyable from the Slaver Quarters Guild, or they should be much more expansive

From Orbis Mod:
Dao:
- Magic Nation which relies of the 4 Elements(Fire, Air, Water, Nature)
- Cities have special Buildings for the Elements(if you build a Fire Build in the Cities, you cant build Air/Water/nature buildings there etc)
- Agnostic, but they relies of their elementar Magic
- Units should be bound to elements(Maybe Recon use Air, one Meele with nature, one with Fire etc)

Palatinate:
- Nation, which is similar to the Holy roman Empire in our World
- They relies strong of trade
- they are primary defensiv and protect their trade routes
- they should get bony from windmills and watermills
- dont like Magic(burning of witches?)
- one Idea: They dont have the typically arcane Units. They have one UU named Witch, which is a national Unit and can only be buildet 5 Times and can use T2 Magic.

Thats my Ideas from other mods. I hope some of them could be in a future version of Master of Mana Xtendet^^. This thread could be here for discussion for these Nation ideas and for more nation ideas. Maybe together we can get concepts for new Nations which then can me implementet in this mod from a good modder^^.

greetings from germany
Drackzahn

In principle I think it's good to get inspiration from other mods. However, we have to look at how much of the design of these nations collides with the design of nations we already have. And right now, it's imo more important to make the nations we already have unique & strong instead of bringing in even more nations. Or in other words, better to have like 10 different nations which are all well playable instead of 20 of which in practice you'd only want to play 4-5 (numbers are obviously made up, but I think you get my drift).

I completely agree with Linvega, but i am not going to lie, i would love to see Mechanos civilization in MoM Xtended. I don't care much for these other civilization though.

Hi,
yes, I agree with both of you. Some of these Nations have parts, that could be part of Nations that are already inside the Mod and at the moment it is more important to balance and make the nations unique, to fix bugs etc.
But in a future version of this mod, maybe some of these Nations could be part of this mod, that was my though^^.
For Example, because they were named here: Mechanos, I think they are unique enough to be an own Nation, no nation that is in the mod at the moment is similar to this Nation. With some more Nation, everyone have one or two nation, that are "perfekt" for him/herself.

My Idea was, that with this thread, we can talk about the ideas from other mods, maybe made some of them part of nations that are already there and some in a future version, nations on their own inside this mod.

sry for the confusing and bad english, I hope it is now more cleary why I opened this thread :)

Greetings
Drackzahn/Aiblis

sry for the confusing and bad english, I hope it is now more cleary why I opened this thread :)
Hi, your English is just fine. Don't worry about it!

I personally like Mechanos and might be interested in modding it to Xtended. However, not in the foreseeable future. So, if anyone wants to modmodmod Xtended and adds the new civs, you are very much welcomed!

Instead of creating new civ, maybe someone is interested in adding unique mechanics for existing leaders in Xtended? It would be cool if each (or at least, most of) the leader can have meaningful impact for its civ. For the example, I like how Os Gabella allows Sheaim to rely on planar gate creatures while other leader might focus on disciple units and another to Mages.

Thx esvath^^, good to hear that you understand my english^^.

Hmm, I like the idea. Leaders with unique traits to have a huge impact on the civ.
Maybe the DTesch as a special leader for Aristrakh(no vampires, but for that stronger undead, that can get exp and a system for slaves and cities)
Or Maogata as a Leader for Mazatl with a special leader, which unlocks some feline Warriors, or a Leader for Luchuirp for the Myu Collektiv, or for the Kazad.
Mekara Order could be in differently Civs, but i think it would be good to Amurites for example.

I am looking forword what comes next in this mod, for example the redisgn of the Aos Si, one of my favs civs :)

greetings
Aiblis

Thx esvath^^, good to hear that you understand my english^^.

Hmm, I like the idea. Leaders with unique traits to have a huge impact on the civ.
Maybe the DTesch as a special leader for Aristrakh(no vampires, but for that stronger undead, that can get exp and a system for slaves and cities)
Or Maogata as a Leader for Mazatl with a special leader, which unlocks some feline Warriors, or a Leader for Luchuirp for the Myu Collektiv, or for the Kazad.
Mekara Order could be in differently Civs, but i think it would be good to Amurites for example.

I am looking forword what comes next in this mod, for example the redisgn of the Aos Si, one of my favs civs :)

greetings
Aiblis

Well, if you want improved Aos Si, don't wait any longer ;): I already did some changes to them, though not quite as big of a rehaul as originally planned. Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy with it now. If you're curious, here's the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/xtended-new-civs-re-design.599256/page-4#post-14558654
What features are included can be read up from some posts of mine before in the same thread.

However, now that I'm thinking about it, the ideas for the city-based "courts" can could later on be salvaged for the Dao elemental civ you mentioned in the OP...

The Mechanos were my favorite civ in Orbis, and basically the only civ I ever bothered to keep playing. Their lore always made them seem a bit like the Grigori but expressing their anti-theism with technology rather than magic... Would they get the Diverse trait like the Grigori in Xtended do?

I am voting for Mechanos merged into Xtended in not so far future :)

Last edited:
Mechanos would be a nice civ. But before that the modders should focus on the old civs, to make them all unique and maybe bring some unique leaders, maybe for example make the makara order as one or two unique leaders for the Amurites, they are both magic users^^.
But I would be happy to play the Mechanos in a future version of this mod^^

I played DTesch in a few testgames. It is a fantastic undead 'nation' with a completely different playstile. I would love to see it in MoMX.

Mechanos could be interesting, mostly because I love Steampunk.

Archos I tried a few times, but I'm not sure if I like it. May it should be a civilization with only spiders. No humans, or only humanoid slaves. Maybe few humanoid, religious fanatics.

Top Bottom